Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I think what little I had is almost gone

Default I think what little I had is almost gone

So lo is over 5 months now. I have NEVER been able to make more than 1.5 oz (I think I don't have enough duct work iykwim). I work in a very busy office and much of the time I am doing customer service work. I have been back almost two months and have to go back to five days a week next week (4 9hr days right now). This week my production has been even less than ever. Let down takes longer than usual too. I stopped taking my reglan a while back because I was getting down. I think my supply is drying up and it sucks. I am doing the oatmeal etc but I think it is just going...

D you have any suggestions support or words of wisdom?
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Default Re: I think what little I had is almost gone

I'm so sorry It's such a crappy feeling. I just really work on concentrating and relaxing and visualizing an abundance of milk. Also do compressions at times while pumping.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

I am so sorry. It sucks when you don't have the amount of milk you would like. I have finally gotten up to making 1.5 oz. for a feed and I was pretty excited about it. That is a good amount I think.

As for ideas, I have heard that Metamucil helps build supply, also Kashi cereal. Some women have success with domperidone with less side effects than Reglan. There are lots of herbal galactagogues out there as well. I like Motherlove's More Milk Special Blend. It has goat's rue which helps develop mammary tissue.

Every drop you make is awesome. You are giving your LO so much and you should feel good about all you have done. It is not easy to work and pump. I wonder if the stress of thinking about the impending 5 day work week has something to do with the decrease. Stress can affect supply, but is not easy to get rid of. I hope that things will improve for you once you get into the groove at work. I am hoping the best for you.
    2001 2004 2008

Has AF returned? Back when I was pumping I would get a noticeable dip in output around the time of ovulation. But it would bounce back a few days later. Also make sure you are drinking plenty of water throughout the day. Dehydration always decreased my output as well and on busy days I really had to make an effort to keep sipping water all day.
    I'm Wendi.
    Mom to:
    DD1 7/28/07 for 21 mos and weaned with
    &
    DD2 12/16/09

AF is back - sorta - it is not regular and on one month off one month-ish. Thats what I thought it was Monday but by yesterday it seemed too long.

I think it probably is partly stress related. I am constantly running and dealing with difficult people. I am also being given at least 40 hours of work to do when I am not working 40. (not getting a period every month doesn't help with the stress either )

I know what you mean by the water thing - it has a huge impact and I am trying to be better.

Thanks for the support. I really appreciate it. Back to the herbals for me! And trying not to think about the fact it could be drying up
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

As far as the herbals go try alfalfa too. And fennel is supposed to help with let down with the pump. I take both of those as well as fenugreek and they seem to help.

I have also started power pumping once a day and that has helped more than anything.

Good luck mama!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

The lowmilksupply website has great information about increasing your milk supply: here
    Marianne
    LLL Leader