Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: if i work part time..

Default Re: if i work part time..

I've lost all modesty, really, I pumped in a room full of women I don't even know, 3 times in one day.....

I went to an all day conference in a hotel and was told there was no private place available, so there was a public ladies room witha little sitting area and I set up shop....seriously these women thought i was crazy but what else was I supposed to do, my car was a 20 minute hike from the confence area if i was hiking at a brisk pace
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

i wouldnt mind dragging a chair into the bathroom either..

but one question, how do you get power in your car? get a converter?
    Student aspiring to be a Chiropractor and mother to Noah who will be 3 in July and Olivia who will be 2 in Aug.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kelmareuby View Post

i wouldnt mind dragging a chair into the bathroom either..

but one question, how do you get power in your car? get a converter?
    Well you have to start the car and have it running during pumping, what pump do you use? I have a Medela Pump in style advanced and you can buy a car adaptorwhich you use instead of the cord used to plug into the wall.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

i have a ameda purely yours.
    Student aspiring to be a Chiropractor and mother to Noah who will be 3 in July and Olivia who will be 2 in Aug.

they make car adaptors! I have pumped on a train full of peopel and none were the wiser (without a hooter hider). Lesson, always carry or wear a cardigan!
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

Okay, well I am now not sure if the Ameda has a car adaptor, but Radio shack sells power converters and for not much money!
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

I work at Starbucks PT and when I first started DS2 was only 4 months old. I just asked my hiring manager if she could schedule me no more than 4 hours at a time since I was BF. She was very understanding. I pumped minimally (not at work) so DH at least had a couple of ounces to give DS2 in that 4 hours if necessary. Sometimes I would come home and DS2 would be howling waiting for me. I would just nurse him right away. It was a little stressful for a while but it worked for us. By the time DS2 was 6mo. old I was able to work 6hr. shifts. Again, my manager was very understanding. She usually didn't schedule me that long and if she did she let me combine my tens so DH could bring DS2 by for me to nurse. We don't live far from the store.
    I am now due with my 4th and plan on returning to Sbux after my leave. It is a great PT job with great benefits. It allows us to get the insurance we need and for me to be at home with my children which is very important to me. I would just talk with your manager. It is hard for me to imagine that they would not work with you. On a side note, they call me the Bionic Barista because I actually make milk
    Wife to Michael since 11/03/01

SAHM to DD#1 1/23/95 BF 3 days
    DS#1 9/6/03 BF 6 months
    DS#2 3/1/06 BFing with no end in sight and...
    DD#2 11/04/2008 going strong.

Never thought I would tandem nurse but here I am!

214***210********200****195****190****185****180****175****170* ***165

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy23 View Post
    I work at Starbucks PT and when I first started DS2 was only 4 months old. I just asked my hiring manager if she could schedule me no more than 4 hours at a time since I was BF. She was very understanding. I pumped minimally (not at work) so DH at least had a couple of ounces to give DS2 in that 4 hours if necessary. Sometimes I would come home and DS2 would be howling waiting for me. I would just nurse him right away. It was a little stressful for a while but it worked for us. By the time DS2 was 6mo. old I was able to work 6hr. shifts. Again, my manager was very understanding. She usually didn't schedule me that long and if she did she let me combine my tens so DH could bring DS2 by for me to nurse. We don't live far from the store.
    I am now due with my 4th and plan on returning to Sbux after my leave. It is a great PT job with great benefits. It allows us to get the insurance we need and for me to be at home with my children which is very important to me. I would just talk with your manager. It is hard for me to imagine that they would not work with you. On a side note, they call me the Bionic Barista because I actually make milk

its so complicated right now cuz my store was one of the ones to close down.

so i dont have a manager, its sad i miss my old store. our family got broken apart.

and i was a shift supervisor and had been there almost 2 years. if i go back i'll get like a $2 pay cut.. cuz theres no shift position available since 4 stores in mobile closed