Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Any yoga nursers?

Default Any yoga nursers?

Okay I was not sure where to post this. I work full time, I pump, and I nurse my LO when we are together...so

My LO will do downward facing dog, triangle, cat, warrior 3, pigeon and half moon throughout our nursing sessions! All the while latched on! Amazingly she does not bite to stay latched. If I attempt to put her back to a "normal" position she will fight me...still latched! CRAZY, huh? I know she is getting milk because when she does pull away there will be a few drops dripping down her check...then she is back at it.

SO...I am curious if there are any other Yoga nursers out there?

Default Re: Any yoga nursers?

Mine used to do all kinds of gymnastics while she nursed. Now she's old enough that I can tell her that if she wants to go play she can go play and if she wants to sit still and nurse she can sit still and nurse.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    Mine used to do all kinds of gymnastics while she nursed. Now she's old enough that I can tell her that if she wants to go play she can go play and if she wants to sit still and nurse she can sit still and nurse.
    Exactly! We are moving and grooving all over the place and now he knows, if he starts it up, he will get unlatched...
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

yep, downward dog is the current fav, also sitting on my head.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Hooray for downward dog! And also for practicing crawling and pulling up to stand while latched.
    Stephanie, mom to Jaime Hoban 11/04/07 and Annika Jayne 12/21/09

We . . . no room in the bed for more!

We love our cloth diapers!

My newborn did this. He has mostly grown out of this, but while he never did DFD (mostly because he wasn't capable of moving himself that far) he wouldn't eat unless he was in the strangest positions. I almost miss it...
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.