Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: So happy to meet you ladies!

Default So happy to meet you ladies!

I am so happy to meet you ladies!
    My DD is 14 months and she has never taken a bottle, pacifier or even her thumb. We are still nursing every couple of hours- even at night! I was beginning to feel pressure from those around me that this was too much, but now I don't feel so alone.
    She isn't a big solids eater, but she is getting there. She seems happy and healthy, so I'm not too worried yet.
    She loves to nurse to sleep and I was advised to get her to sleep by not nursing, but it is so lovely to see her little face drift off so peacefully and easily. I did try a couple of times to "train" her, but it never felt right and we both ended up very upset. DH and I agreed that I would take night duty since he is working and I get to stay home and be mom. I feel so lucky to be able to watch her grow each day (and we co-sleep at night).

mama in love
    7-29-07

Default Re: So happy to meet you ladies!

Way too lazy for formula

Hello, and welcome!!

Buff
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

Sarah- Mommy to Ally (4/16/06) , Katlyn (11/13/07) & Rebekah (10/21/09)
    All three, all natural!

welcome!!!
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*huhmama View Post
    I am so happy to meet you ladies!
    My DD is 14 months and she has never taken a bottle, pacifier or even her thumb. We are still nursing every couple of hours- even at night! I was beginning to feel pressure from those around me that this was too much, but now I don't feel so alone.
    She isn't a big solids eater, but she is getting there. She seems happy and healthy, so I'm not too worried yet.
    She loves to nurse to sleep and I was advised to get her to sleep by not nursing, but it is so lovely to see her little face drift off so peacefully and easily. I did try a couple of times to "train" her, but it never felt right and we both ended up very upset. DH and I agreed that I would take night duty since he is working and I get to stay home and be mom. I feel so lucky to be able to watch her grow each day (and we co-sleep at night).
    Hi and

IMHO nursing to sleep is not a problem. I was so ashamed of nursing my LO to sleep that I even lied to friends and family about it! I'll know better with my next baby. It's perfectly natural. I nursed my LO to sleep until around 15 months. I had made a few unsuccesful attempts to get him to sleep without nursing, and finally decided he wasn't ready. Then he started to wake up as I transferred him to the crib (we stopped co-sleeping at 4 months because DH noticed we were disturbing each other in our sleep). Then he stopped falling asleep at the breast and we had to find another way to get him to sleep. He was around 15 months. I talked to DH and MIL (who takes care of DS while I work PT) and we decided that we needed a bedtime routine. We do books and lullabies and then I rub his back and sing while he lies down in his crib. We used to stay with him until he was asleep and then he learned that we would stay until he went to sleep and stayed awake on purpose, so now I give him books to read to his animals and leave him and he goes to sleep all by himself. He did it all in his own time when he was ready to stop nursing to sleep.

I have a wonderful friend who still nurses her 24 month old son to sleep and they are both happy with that arrangement. Don't feel pressured to do anything you (or your LO) are not ready for.

Just in case you haven't seen this before:
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/bfextende...html#nutrition
    (448ml is about 15oz or 1.9 cups)

Congratulations on a successful nursing relationship!
    Emma

J from Aug '06 to Nov '08 and S from April 2009

Thank you for such a welcome! The smiles and information are very much appreciated!

mama in love
    7-29-07

Smile Re: So happy to meet you ladies!

Like you I get alot of good support from the group. I am not a big sharer (not really a word but what the heck!) but WELCOME!
    Melanie

Mommy to Chase (4/18/07)
    Mommy to Keeley (10/18/96)

Wife to Eric a and my best friend