Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Feeling a little sad...

Default Feeling a little sad...

DD is almost 20 months. I've been working and breastfeeding since she was 3 months. I have to be honest and say I wouldn't mind if she weaned. She usually nurses when I get home from work, at bedtime, and in the middle of the night. On the weekends it's a total free-for-all. From 3 to 10 times a day. The last 3 nights she's asked for milk in a bottle (which is what she gets when I'm at work during early morning and nap time). So my husband has put her to bed. Today she said she speciffically wanted dad to give her milk.
    I would like to wean her to a cup instead of a bottle at this age but it hasn't been an easy transition. She has a dairy/soy allergy and rice milk is her main source of calcium, besides me.
    Just wanted to share.

Default Re: Feeling a little sad...

I'm sorry you are feeling sad. Try not to take it personally that your DD wanted milk from daddy. You should feel happy that they are bonding, but I understand how you would feel bad. It's probably just one of those days.

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

That must have been hard . . . after all your work to keep on breast-feeding, it must have seemed like it wasn't very important to her. I'm sure that's not the case. Toddlers are so fickle and what they want one second they don't want the next.

Just follow her lead. maybe she is getting ready to be done, but maybe she's just trying on some "big girl" actions and she'll want to go back to nursing with you soon. I think the best thing you can do for her is leave that door open for her.

Hugs and lots of them...ok, the system will only let me give you 7 hugs but I would give you more if I could. Stay strong mommy!
    Melanie

Mommy to Chase (4/18/07)
    Mommy to Keeley (10/18/96)

Wife to Eric a and my best friend