Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Tubing (not in the snow)

Default Tubing (not in the snow)

I just purchased a PISA and noticed that I'm getting a lot more condensation in the tubing than from the Lactina Select I was using. Has anyone noticed that? I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I have to run the machine for at least two full minutes on high to get the condensation out. The instruction booklet said I could also use a bit of rubbing alcohol - has anyone ever tried that?

Also, the tubing is almost the same as from the Lactina/Symphony. Can I cut off the ends and/or rip the ends out and use it on the PISA?

TIA!
    Rene, first time mom to born 6/13/08

since day 1!

Donated 684oz (so far) to the Mother's Milk Bank of Ohio

Default Re: Tubing (not in the snow)

I don't have an answer for you, but was wondering how your output with the PISA compares to output with the Lactina. I've often thought I might produce more with a new PISA compared to my old Lactina.
    Stay at home mom to my 2 boys:
    R - born 4/20/08, nursed for 20 months
    G - born 8/6/11, EPd for 4 months, until he refused the bottle!
    Loving CDing this time around!

I havent been able to find it on the internet I know you can buy new tubing from the local hard ware store, and the pet store. It might not be made out the exact same materials but it will do the trick Do you have a fish tank... do you know the tubing that you need for the aerators? Its a thin tube... you can cut it to any size you need. You should also be able to take the attachments off your tubing (if any) and use it on the new tube. I have done it for mine a few times
    "The biggest mistake a man can make, is to have the fear of making one" Unknown

Being "just" a mom is the most powerful thing I could ever do, and it makes me the happiest person I could be.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

232*230****225****220****215****210****205****200* ***195****190********180

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*andy View Post
    I don't have an answer for you, but was wondering how your output with the PISA compares to output with the Lactina. I've often thought I might produce more with a new PISA compared to my old Lactina.
    It seems that I've been able to get at least the same amount in less time. I can see the milk pouring out instead of dripping. I'm able to turn the suction up too - it feels more gentle than with the Lactina. The PISA uses that circle thing (very technical term, I know) that the Symphony uses. The Lactina uses the piston, which seems to be a bit more rough.

I don't use the two phase expression part though - I go right to the "expression" phase and skip the let-down phase. I've found that I can let down within maybe 15 seconds in the expression phase. I think this is because I'm used to the Lactina that had no let-down phase.

So, to answer your question - I'm not sure. I've been taking advantage of pumping in less time since I've been back to work. I'm okay with the amount I'm producing every day (enough to feed LO + a little extra to freeze). If I put my heart to it though and pumped a little bit longer each time, I would probably start producing more with the PISA (IMO). Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lilybug View Post
    I havent been able to find it on the internet I know you can buy new tubing from the local hard ware store, and the pet store. It might not be made out the exact same materials but it will do the trick Do you have a fish tank... do you know the tubing that you need for the aerators? Its a thin tube... you can cut it to any size you need. You should also be able to take the attachments off your tubing (if any) and use it on the new tube. I have done it for mine a few times
    I don't have a fish tank, but I will look around for more tubing when this set gets yucky (which I think will be sooner than with my Lactina). Thanks!
    Rene, first time mom to born 6/13/08

since day 1!

Donated 684oz (so far) to the Mother's Milk Bank of Ohio

http://www.mybreastpump.com/advanced...stylepage.html

this is where I purchase extra pump parts - including tubing...fast delivery!
    • First time mommy to Alyssa Nicole 7 lbs. 19 3/4 in. born 10/17/07 via c-section.

finally off the since 10/24/08

We made it, 12 months!!!!!!!!

Donated 500 oz. so far, and counting...

2 weeks - 7 lbs 6 oz.
    2 months - 10 lbs.
    4 months - 12 lbs. 3 oz.
    6 months - 14 lbs. 1 oz.
    9 months - 16 lbs. 7 oz.
    12 months - 18 lbs. 10 oz.