Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: oversupply and mucousy poops with small amt of blood...help

Default oversupply and mucousy poops with small amt of blood...help

My 2.5 month old baby girl has been doing really well. 8lbs 4oz at birth, 10lbs 4 oz at 1 month, 13 lbs 8 oz at 2 months and EBF. Initially doing 3hour block feeds and started developing green mucousy poops around 2 months of age with occasional red blood specks in diaper (not each one). Started doing 6 hour blocks and poops returned to yellow and cut out dairy at the same time (all dairy and soy). Still eating beef though. No history of allergies at all in the family. On Day 7 of elimination diet and still having 1 or 2 diapers per day (usually has 4-5) with a few specks of blood but still slightly on the mucousy side and now more on the yellowy green side. Is this an allergy or could it be due to oversupply?? How long before things correct themselves?

Default Re: oversupply and mucousy poops with small amt of blood...help

I don't have any advice mama but someone will.

Here is a .
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

anyone??? please help!!
    patiently waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lllisabinep View Post
    My 2.5 month old baby girl has been doing really well. 8lbs 4oz at birth, 10lbs 4 oz at 1 month, 13 lbs 8 oz at 2 months and EBF. Initially doing 3hour block feeds and started developing green mucousy poops around 2 months of age with occasional red blood specks in diaper (not each one). Started doing 6 hour blocks and poops returned to yellow and cut out dairy at the same time (all dairy and soy). Still eating beef though. No history of allergies at all in the family. On Day 7 of elimination diet and still having 1 or 2 diapers per day (usually has 4-5) with a few specks of blood but still slightly on the mucousy side and now more on the yellowy green side. Is this an allergy or could it be due to oversupply?? How long before things correct themselves?
    It sounds like oversupply is at least part of what's going on. I say that because when you went to six hour blocks, your baby's poop changed from green to yellowy green. You could consider trying a longer block to see if that helps reduce the mucousy aspect and gets rid of the greenish aspect.

Regarding the blood in the diaper, I was going to say that it could be coming from small injuries in your breast but I think it would not still be red if it had come from your breast and traveled through your baby's system.

The fact that it's red suggests to me that it is coming from your baby. I recommend talking with your health care provider about that.

Good luck.
    Marianne
    LLL Leader