Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OK to combine pumped milk?

Default Re: OK to combine pumped milk?

okay i like to have 4 oz bottles of BM (maybe i should do like 2 oz bottles instead idk)

anyway. i had a few bottles of frozen BM and it wasnt quite 4 so i added about an oz of thawed to the frozen then put it right back in the freezer. is that okay?
    Student aspiring to be a Chiropractor and mother to Noah who will be 3 in July and Olivia who will be 2 in Aug.

OK now I am confused...

I generally only have one 2 oz container per 24 hour period, but they were all frozen immediately after I pumped them.

Can I thaw and combine them into a bottle or not?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*allenips View Post
    OK now I am confused...

I generally only have one 2 oz container per 24 hour period, but they were all frozen immediately after I pumped them.

Can I thaw and combine them into a bottle or not?
    The thing I read said yes, as long as say you thaw both in the fridge (or wherever) and then pour both of those into one bottle. But then don't add any fresh milk to that....that's the impression I got. Just as long as everything is the same temp. HTH!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nolies.mama View Post
    The thing I read said yes, as long as say you thaw both in the fridge (or wherever) and then pour both of those into one bottle. But then don't add any fresh milk to that....that's the impression I got. Just as long as everything is the same temp. HTH!
    And then don't refreeze them either. My understanding is that you are never supposed to refreeze thawed milk.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Hi all,
    Can we combine milk from different expressed dates, when it is thawed?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*suehaida View Post
    Hi all,
    Can we combine milk from different expressed dates, when it is thawed?
    As long as it's all still good, definitely. I freeze in 2oz amounts to have more flexibility making up bottles, so I almost always combine [in a bottle after thawing].
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png