Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A weird day of nursing

Default Re: A weird day of nursing

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*green.momma View Post
    Well I guess it's just what this phase is going to be. He will latch on for a second, give a few sucks, then he's off.

He's 16 months.

It's just hard because he isn't staying on long enough for a let-down, just to touch base.

I'm just trying to follow his lead, but it's hard when something changes in your nursing relationship, well it's hard on momma!

Does anyone else have a stage of toddler nursing like this?
    My LO just turned 17 months. It seems like my little guy is always changing his nursing patterns. It just seems to depend what's going on and his mood. My DS is also still nursing at night and has decreased the amount of time he nurses during the day (it changes almost daily though). We just moved across the country and before the move he was still nursing about 5-8 times a day as well as nap and bed time. Once we got here he nursed exclusively for about 4 or 5 days! He wanted NO food, only mommy milk

Now he has dropped down to less nursing than before the move. Although he is still nursing to fall asleep and during the night. It has been hard on me as well though. The do keep us on our toes though!

Don't worry mama! You're doing all the right things!
    Nikki

Wife to my best friend and mommy to our sweet little man born 4/07!

Still 'ing and loving life! We cloth!

A little update.

It was a mini-strike! Must have been his teeth. But I also know he's showing less interest in nursing all the time and I'm going to follow his lead like I said.

Yesterday we had a BLAST with our solids, I was really proud of all the things he ate and tried. He did nurse 2 times at nap, to bed, and 3 times last night.... and at 7 AM after he woke up too. So yeah... lol.

My little guy is spreading his independence a little bit, and I'm here to support him every step along the way.

Nursing toddlers is amazing, I find it so much more rewarding than the infant nursing.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*green.momma View Post
    Nursing toddlers is amazing, I find it so much more rewarding than the infant nursing.
    I agree, except for the teeth!

We went through a similiar stage at 18 months- went from a lot of nursing like 8-10 sessions when together to about 4 now, and sometimes more and sometimes less. I think the most important thing is that it is at their pace but I agree it's much harder on the momma this way!
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*gabesmommy View Post
    I agree it's much harder on the momma this way!
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09