Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So how often do you nurse?

Default Re: So how often do you nurse?

That is how DS2 was maybe even more. He still nursed all night at that point. He is 30 months now and finally significantly slowing down. I don't know though if some of that has to do with me being pg and there being no more milk for him
    Wife to Michael since 11/03/01

SAHM to DD#1 1/23/95 BF 3 days
    DS#1 9/6/03 BF 6 months
    DS#2 3/1/06 BFing with no end in sight and...
    DD#2 11/04/2008 going strong.

Never thought I would tandem nurse but here I am!

214***210********200****195****190****185****180****175****170* ***165

That is how DS2 was maybe even more. He still nursed all night at that point. He is 30 months now and finally significantly slowing down. I don't know though if some of that has to do with me being pg and there being no more milk for him
    Wife to Michael since 11/03/01

SAHM to DD#1 1/23/95 BF 3 days
    DS#1 9/6/03 BF 6 months
    DS#2 3/1/06 BFing with no end in sight and...
    DD#2 11/04/2008 going strong.

Never thought I would tandem nurse but here I am!

214***210********200****195****190****185****180****175****170* ***165

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*gabesmommy View Post
    Gabe is 21 months and we nurse 3-4 times per day, 4-6 times per day on the weekend. It's basically on demand when we are together but he is at daycare through the week so that cut down most of our sessions!
    This is about the same for us and G is almost 30 mos. Sessions are in the morning, sometimes when I get home from work and if not right after work it's after dinner, and at bedtime. Since I am around more on the weekends, she nurses a couple more times throughout the day.
    Robin

3-6x a day.

Way too lazy for formula

My 5 year old nurses twice a day and my 3 year old between 4 and 8 times, depending on what hours I'm working on a given day. Probably 5 times on most days.
    At 22 months my eldest and youngest children were probably nursing in the region of 10-12 times a day. The middle one was only about 4 times a day as I was 6 months pregnant when he was that age.
    There's a huge range of what's normal, and of course we tend to view our own experiences as the norm. I get raised eyebrows because I'm feeding a 3 year old half a dozen times a day, but I'm equally perplexed when I read about 6 month old babies that only nurse 3 or 4 times. I can't figure how that can work! But obviously lots of different things do work for different babies. I reckon if you follow your baby's lead you probably won't go too far wrong, and they all do stop eventually!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mama.p View Post
    It's really not that bad! I love nursing her. And she's a fast nurser - usually only takes about 10 minutes, except for the marathon session (sometimes an hour and a half!) at bedtime. I only asked because we have dealt with anemia issues in the past, but she was okay the last time they checked. But wanting to nurse more is a symptom of it, so I was just wondering if it was normal or if I should be concerned.

I was thinking though, that she's on a high-fat diet because she's such a skinny girl, and I had read that the more often they nurse, the higher the fat content of BM. So maybe she's just naturally craving what she needs most of, huh? That, and I think she needs the time to reconnect with mom too. She really is a mama's girl still (don't get me wrong, she loves daddy and the rest of the fam, but when she's busy spending time with other people, she really needs to reconnect afterward). Plus, she's been pretty slow at picking up solids (she does well, just not a lot of interest) which I think may be because of some food intolerances/allergies.

I just read all these posts from moms with LOs younger than mine who are only nursing like 3-4 times a day and I just wondered if anyone else nursed this often still. It's interesting to see what other toddlers are doing!
    wow!!! I thought my daughter was a fast nurser... most of her feedings are about 4 min or less... except for her early am one and before bed.. those are about 10 min !! DD is 16 months and nurses 4-5 times a day.

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!

Hello... I'm new and so glad to have found you ladies.

My 14 month daughter nurses 8-10 times a day and every couple of hours at night. I was wondering if this was normal... it sounds like we're not too far off. She has always nursed for about 5 minutes and only on one side, so it's not too bad. I do wonder when I will sleep more than two hours in a row!

My 27 month old daughter still nurses about 6 times during the day and 6-8 times a night. It is exhausting, but seems to be much easier than fighting her all night at this point. My husband and I are completely exhausted from attempting to nightwean her.

My 19-month old nurses 8-10 times/day during the week (I'm a WOHM) and 12-15+ on the weekends. It's getting to be a bit much for me, to be honest. He'll eat very little breakfast after nursing 4 times in succession and then want to nurse 10 min later!
    Andrea - mama to Laith 02.20.07 and Sommer 01.21.11
    'Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.' - Noam Chomsky

My 15 month old nurses every 2 hours or more often when home, and will sometimes go 3 to 4 hours if we are out and about or she happened to eat a lot of solids for a meal (rare). She wants to nurse for about an hour straight in the morning, and another hour straight at night, but the other times are pretty quick. I'm happy nursing her this much, but my family is starting to make comments that she needs to eat more [solids] b/c she is very tiny. But I figure I offer solids all the time and she pushes them away and signs for milky...so thats what she gets!
    Married to my best friend since 2001 , Proud mom of my baby girl Ella 6/19/07

"A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world." John 16:21