Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Growth Spurt at 2?

Default Growth Spurt at 2?

I'm just wondering if it is normal or common for 2-year-olds to go through a growth spurt.

My DD is having a lot of trouble settling for her naps, and begs me in tears, "No na-na (night night)." She can't settle at night either, is eating a ton (3 cobs of corn at one dinner!), and wants to be constantly latched in the morning for a few hours until she wakes up - then wants to nurse for 40 mins or so.

I haven't noticed a lot more BFing because she has always nursed little sessions all day, but definitely after sleeps she likes to have long nursing sessions, more than usual.

Is this a growth spurt?

Default Re: Growth Spurt at 2?

I vote growth spurt.

Mine's 2 and almost 5 months. When he turned 2, all his 24 mo. pants were too long and he was in size 7 shoe. Now his 24 mo pants and most 2T pants are ALL too short 3T are just long enough and he's in a 9.5 shoe. It's crazy! But in a good way.

Default Re: Growth Spurt at 2?

How about teeth???
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.