Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: any playtex embrace users?

Default any playtex embrace users?

Hi I am new mom and have been EB my 2 month old LO. I have pumped a few times and had no problems. I am soon going to start pumping for my "stash" for when I return to work in a few weeks. I have the playtex embrace double pump and really like it. (I also have a PIS just in case the playtex doesn't work out.) I got the Embrace based on several great recommendations from users and lc. My questions is, if anyone out there uses the embrace, what are you pumping into for storage? I have the drop-ins and love those for the actual feeding. I bought the "BM storage kit" for the drop-ins, but its not very practical for freezer storage. I also have the standard liner/storage bags and actually called Playtex regarding how I am supposed to store them b/c there is no "seal". They said to tie them up with a twisty tie or rubberband. Finally I am going to try pumping into the Gerber seal and go bags b/c they fit around the bottom of the horn- haven't tried it yet, going to this morning though. I just want something that I can pump/store/feed from that is practical for freezing and storing. Any suggestions? I even bought the medela bags b/c they have tape on them so you attach them to the pump, but they didn't fit my horn. HELP!!

Default Re: any playtex embrace users?

Bump
    Marianne
    LLL Leader

Can you pump into a Lansinoh bag? Because if so, if you scissor-snip the zipper bit off the top of the bag, it can be used to line the playtex nurser.

Im having the same problem! It only came with two seals and in order to build a supply up in the freezer, I need like 30 if I want enough. My mother said to forget the drop-ins and go with the playtex bags that fold at the top., I can pump, place the bag in a nurser, fill it up, place to seal on while it freezes. Once frozen i take the seal off and close the bag up. By the time I need to pump again the other milk is frozen. Of course this can only work if I have the freezer right there, but I'm gonna try it out.

Maybe this can work for you? Im gonna ditch the drop-ins and go with the older bags that you fld over the top of the nurser then put the nipple on.
    I'm a Renaissance loving mama to William, born June '08
    I'm going to college working on an associates degree, as well as preparing to move in with my boyfriend, who has become a loving father to my son

"I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is. I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat or a prostitute." ~Rebecca West

I think I have figured it out. I bought the Playtex breastmilk storage system- it comes with 6 seals. Its only 9.99 so it wasn't that expensive. Anyway, you are supposed to freeze them upside down so basically the lid gets frozen to the drop in. But, If you freeze them rightside up, with the seal on top, you can remove the seal once the milk is frozen and place the drop-in into a freezer bag! I have started doing this and love it. Someone on a playtex consumer review did this and thats where I got the idea. But I even took it one step furhter. The drop ins actually stand up great by themselves, so I just place the drop in into a Gerber breastmilk storage bag and it freezes great. If I am not near a freezer, than I just use the seals from the strage kit I have to keep them cool and then freeze them later. I know it seems like a lot to be placing the drop-in into another breastmilk storage bag, but if you are like me and don't want to keep pouring from one container into another, this is definitely one way to go. I finally got what I wanted, I can pump, freeze and feed directly from the same container!! Thanks to all who replied.