Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Tandem Nursing - Wean toddler?

Default Tandem Nursing - Wean toddler?

Help everyone!

I am tandem nursing my almost 5 month old daughter and my 2 1/2 year old daughter. My milk supply is fine - apparently I was a free-range dairy cow in a former life - but my breasts are tired and confused and I am feeling really depleted. We have four older kids, a construction business I manage and I am working on my dissertation, so my energy is already stretched pretty thin.

I'm not opposed to nursing her longer, but she will frequently demand it and I am unhappy with the dynamic that is creating in our relationship, where she yells at me to nurse her and I end up feeling like stopping abruptly altogether in response. I have successfully set limits (meaning I haven't given in: Nurse only in a comfortable chair, etc.) but she still demands at times. Other times, she asks so sweetly and gets so excited when I say yes. It's still very convenient and sweet and functional.

I'm just tired of having her demand and wondered if weaning completely, or at least starting that process would be useful. And I need support.

Anyone have experience weaning one child while nursing the other? Anyone have any suggestions? Warm fuzzies always accepted.

thanks

Default Re: Tandem Nursing - Wean toddler?

I only have on LO, but I just wanted to give you a .
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png