Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Panicking-LO Suddenly won't latch on w/o SNS

Default Re: Panicking-LO Suddenly won't latch on w/o SNS

That's great news about dripping on the other side. Yes I do put it right underneath the nipple. I extend the tube a tiny bit past the nipple. I think she gets a good amount of milk that way b/c sometimes I don't feed her with the tube on both sides and when I pump the side I didn't use the tube on produces more milk. Keep us posted!

I forgot your question about wether or not I fill with EBM or formula...I usually giver her about 2-3 oz of EBM in the SNS. Most of which I get in two pump sessions after she goes down at night. I pump right after I put her down, then I shower and pump again. I don't get much when I pump after feeds. I'm hoping it;s b/c she gets it.

Wow! You are doing great! That is a lot to pump! I think you are on the road to success! It sounds like your supply has been going up. I haven't been using the SNS yet with every feed. Baby has been taking forever with it and takes in less milk and then wants to feed all the time. He has been waking me up 4 times in the night! Ugh... I am hoping to get him off of the Lact-Aid completely and then full time to the SNS. I think the dripping with the SNS is a sign that it is working better. Now, if I can just get baby ironed out. I will keep you posted and keep us posted here. It helps a LOT! I am curious where you heard about doing the tube under the nipple or if that is something you came up with?
    Mama to 2 wonderful girls (nursed 3 yrs.) and twin boys born 12/30/05 (stuck on the SNS due to pallate issues discovered very late) Thankful though that at least at the breast.

I think you are doing great! I heard the tube thing from a lactation consultant who I have been keeping in touch with. i know it stinks when LOs want to nurse so much, but it's great for supply. Can't wait to hear about your progress.

Just curious how things are going right now. Is baby nursing on your w/o the SNS. I was excited that baby nursed for a while on me without the tubes the other night. My supply was very low but at least baby did it! I was wondering who your consultant is and if I could get her number? I would like to do a phone consult and ask about the tube thing. I am desperate over here to make things work! I am trying to pump when I can. Lately I have been getting so much less but pumping less. I have a hospital grade pump. I wish I could pump every two to three hours. I know that would make things really work. It is so hard though with twins and other kids activities. Are you on domperidone? I thought about that but don't like medications. Maybe I should be more consistent with the fenugreek and that would help.
    Mama to 2 wonderful girls (nursed 3 yrs.) and twin boys born 12/30/05 (stuck on the SNS due to pallate issues discovered very late) Thankful though that at least at the breast.

Hi Twins,
    I will find her number and send you a private message with it. I'm so excited that your LO nursed w/o the SNS. That is such a huge step. Maybe you aren't pumping as much b/c LO is getting more. I pump almost nothing after an SNS feed where when I was feeding with bottles I pumped 1/2 oz to 1 oz after a feeding. Pumping less doesn't make me think my supply is dropping b/c lately she's taking 1 to 2 oz through the SNS as opposed to 3 oz. Based on this, I'm guessing your LO is taking in more BM. I'm not hoping to EBF anymore though, I'm just trying to give as much BM as possible. It sounds like you're doing really well. keep up the good work and try to relax as much as possible and don't put too much pressure on yourself. I think that's a supply killer.

bump for elelou

I never got the number. Did you send it? Perhaps that I overlooked it. I get lots of mail at the yahoo account and for some reason cannot get it here. Please send. That would be great! We are still working on things over here. I hope that all is well your way!

Hi Twins,
    I did send it, but it was a while ago. What was you email address? How are things going?