Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: We're Done!

Default We're Done!

My 17 month old hasn't nursed in 7 days, I think we're done. It was completely mutual, which I am happiest about. She's been at one nursing session a day for about a good three months, so my question is what can I expect? Am I "out of the woods" as far as mastitis and engorgment go? Are there any weird surprises to expect? My breasts feel fine, soft and normal. I know it can take months for them to be "empty", and I'm ok with that. So, any experience from those who have weaned would be great. Thanks.

P.S 17 months= not too shabby
    Mommy to Madilyn Born 4/25/07 9lbs. 15oz.
    C-section
    for 17 months. Greatest momments of my life!

Default Re: We're Done!

Way to go mama! Good job!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

This stage is so hard to go thru. I'm glad everyone is happy
    "The biggest mistake a man can make, is to have the fear of making one" Unknown

Being "just" a mom is the most powerful thing I could ever do, and it makes me the happiest person I could be.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

232*230****225****220****215****210****205****200* ***195****190********180

I am nursing my 15 month old only at night. He nurses right before bed, during the night when he wakes (though not for long ever) maybe 1-3 times, and then once in the morning when I bring him to bed. I just have no clue how to start weaning those times. I would really like to be done by 18 months. Any helpful info? I feel like if I start now, I could be done by then by slowly weaning these last feedings. Any advice since you've just BTDT?
    Mama to my Rubies
    C '07
    A '09
    And my Christmas Eve baby
    L '12
    I will carry you all my life
    And I will praise the one who's chosen me to carry you
    W Apr '11
    R Nov '11
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. *Helen Kellar*

Congrats on a long BF relationship!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Smile Re: We're Done!

I just recently stopped breastfeeding my 11 month old. She basically weaned herself off. She just stopped drinking first at night then in the morning. I am both sad and happy, and thankful she took the first step. But I have a question, it has been exactly 10 days and suddenly my nipples hurt. I have looked on the web for any info to no avail. All I get is "your pregnant". Does anyone know if this is normal or should I run into my doctors office. Any advice is deeple appreciated. One very confused and in pain Momma of two.