Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Cheap Hands-Free Pumping!!!

Default Cheap Hands-Free Pumping!!!

Once I saw this I got so excited I had to start this thread. This is a do-it-yourself method of hands free pumping. Hands-free pumping bras seem so expensive, its imperative we share this with one another. i dont know how many of you have looked at this or if it has been suggested here on the forum, but i thought it was definitely worthy of a new thread. Sorry if I have repeated.

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/h...e-pumping.html

Once I find some rubber bands I'm going to try this. Let us know of you experiences with this method!!!!!

:

Default Re: Cheap Hands-Free Pumping!!!

OMG! I have a ton of pony tail bands at home! and I just finished pumping in my office. I could definitely use this method so that I can post on this forum while pumping!!! I'm definitely going to try it!!!
    Married my love on 7/3/2004
    Blessed with Isabella Grace on 5/20/2008
    Back to work on 7/22/2008

& since 5/20/2008
    No formula!

Goals:

1 month 2 months 3 months 4 months 5 months 6 months 7 months 8 months 9 months 10 months 11 months 12 months

Whoa! This is pretty slick! Worth trying for sure!

When DD was born and I was pumping after every feeding, DH made me a "bra" for pumping out of one of his old T-shirts. He cut it into a strip, tied it around my chest, marked where my nipples were and cut little slits in the shirt. I could tie it at tight as I needed to (since it was cotton and stretchy) and double-knot it, and it was easy to take on and off. Plus super simple to throw in the wash!

There are lots of ways to avoid spending the $$... I hope this works for you! If not try the T-shirt!
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

I saw that link before i had the baby. I have been using that method for 6 months! I don't know what I would have done without it! I use a third rubber band since we hang low.
    Married to by best friend 11 Years!

Mommy to David-4

Mommy to Nathan born 3/19/08

Work full time and whenever I can.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*twoboys.tolove View Post
    I saw that link before i had the baby. I have been using that method for 6 months! I don't know what I would have done without it! I use a third rubber band since we hang low.
    Ha! I tried doing that method, but never stuck with it because it was still a pain-in-the-butt. I wish I would have thought about doing 3 rubber bands!!!
    I'll have to try that next pumping session. Thanks for posting that!

I've been using this method shortly after I returned to work. I love to read while I pump & I was always hurting my nipples when I'd try to hold the flanges on with my arm. So when I out about this on another forum I didn't know why I hadn't thought of it sooner... This was a life saver & I've been telling all the pumping mom's I know about this.
    due 5/31/2010 - born 3/31/2008

LOL, Kaitlynsmom! The phrase "Been there, done that and got the tee-shirt" springs to mind!