Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: High FSH levels could it be breast feeding!

Default High FSH levels could it be breast feeding!

I recently had blood work to check my FSH levels, I am 41 years old and was just starting to wean my 3 1/2 year old. He was mostly night feeding, but at the time of the test he had only "not" nursed for a couple of days, my reading was 56, could this be correct or was it to early to test. I have missed my period for 2 months, and it has not been normal since my son's birth. He was only breast feed since his birth. They started me on HRT "Primprose" I have taken it or 5 days, but decided to stop because I have read that it is made with "pregnant mare urine" and just to many things could go wrong with long time usage.

Has any one had any problems like this?

Default Re: High FSH levels could it be breast feeding!

This same thing happened to me! I'm the same age too! I breastfed my 4 yr old for 31/2 yrs then got my period for 6 months and started having hot flashes & missed a period. My OBGYN said my fsh was real high and I was in perimenopause. Yeah right! I got pregnant 2 months later! My OBGYN said I could not get preg. with my fsh so high. So, my son is 7 mos. now and I haven't ever had hot flashes since that one one I missed a period.

Smile Re: High FSH levels could it be breast feeding!

Thanks for posting, I was starting to feel like I was the only one with these problems, My mom did'nt go thur the change till she was 52, so I feel my dios. for the change is wrong, but maybe do to breastfeeding hormones being out of wack or something. I will retest in a month or so to see! We have never used BC since we met in 1981, we leave that to the man above, I have a 17 1/2 year old and a 3 1/2 year old, and I feel GOD only gives you what you can handle, so I'll leave that to him. I'm not doing the HRT but I'm using primrose and estroven, no hot flashes, no period still, just extra moody at times.

Congrats on the birth of your newest child. And thanks again for posting!

Marline

My princess 17 1/2
    My prince 3 1/2