Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: having trouble waking up

Default having trouble waking up

I was supposed to pump at 10-its 2 am and I just woke up. My alarm isn't getting me up anymore. My husband tried to wake me 3 times tonight. Im supposed to pump every 3 hours. This is soooo tiring. I cant ever seem to get enough sleep, then eventually my body resists getting up at all. Anyone have any hints how to make it through this for a year? My baby seems to be sleeping longer, then eatting bigger meals during the day.

Default Re: having trouble waking up

*I* EP and never have woken up at night to pump....my last pm pump is around 8:15 and then my first am pump is around 5:30 (used to be 6 but my work schedule changed at school). JMO
    • First time mommy to Alyssa Nicole 7 lbs. 19 3/4 in. born 10/17/07 via c-section.

finally off the since 10/24/08

We made it, 12 months!!!!!!!!

Donated 500 oz. so far, and counting...

2 weeks - 7 lbs 6 oz.
    2 months - 10 lbs.
    4 months - 12 lbs. 3 oz.
    6 months - 14 lbs. 1 oz.
    9 months - 16 lbs. 7 oz.
    12 months - 18 lbs. 10 oz.

I am EP'ing now too and I don't get up at night either. I pump right before bed, so probably around 10 or so, and then first thing when I wake up. Don't overdo it mama! You need your rest too! Especially if baby is sleeping.
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

Thanks for the responses. Im worried it will hurt my supply to not pump at night since he almost exclusively bottle feeds. He can only get an ounce bfing and seems to self correct his latch. Do I need to pump every two hours during the day to make up for the missed pumpings at night? We get about 8 pumpings during the day.

have you talked to your local leader?
    She could help beter then we can online......

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/ma...pply-pump.html

Avoid going longer than 5-6 hours without pumping during the first few months.
    When pumping during the night, milk yield tends to be better if you pump when you naturally wake (to go to the bathroom or because your breasts are uncomfortably full) than if you set an alarm to wake for pumping.

How old is your lo?
    Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.

I would agree with Andrea, a leader would be able to help more, espeically if they can look at the whole picture. How old is lo, do they get up int he night? Are you nursing at all?
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

LO is 5 months 3 1/2 weeks. We just started solids. He does bf in bed at night, alsthough hes not to fond of my slow flow right nipple. Ive been to an lc 5 times, then to anouther one once for a 3 hour apt. We have done sacro-cranial and am going again in Oct. I ended up buying a lactina off ebay-tired of renting. I have stopped the herbs, with the expence of everything else 25$ a month is starting to wear me down. I am worried he will increase his need for more milk because hes getting bigger. Do the solids fill in? or if lo was properly breastfeeding would he be increasing my supply more. I am ahead of him by about 12 hours in supply most of the time.
    I guess I will try to call a leader. Thanks.

maybe if your sleeping beter at night you'll feal beter.
    Are you taking a nap when baby naps?
    Maybe adding more pumpings during the day?
    IF your trying to make more milk you have to pump more milk out.
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/p..._decrease.html

You can do it!
    And its ok to change how your doing things for a while
    IF its not working anymore.