Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So...I think he's done

Default So...I think he's done

It's been a week since DS last nursed. When I originally found out I was pregnant and in the throws of constant nausea and morning sickness my only wish was to wean him ASAP. I decided against it and gradually he began nursing less and less on his own. He was starting to get a little frustrated with my low supply. I believe I totally lost my milk about a month ago. He would sometimes still ask to comfort nurse before bed at night which I didn't mind and actually enjoyed (there was nipple soreness but I liked the snuggle time). Last week he was sick and asked for some extra comfort nursing but he would only latch on for a few seconds at most. It was so hard knowing that my baby boy was sick and I couldn't provide him with the milk that I know helps make him better and that he loves so much. Whew, that hit me hard and I am getting choked up just thinking about it now. It's been a week since he last asked and I am tearing up, but am so glad that he weaned naturally on his own, on his terms at 21 and 1/2 months. That's all I could manage to write about it for now... .
    Loving mama to S - 11/06, and F - 1/09

Default Re: So...I think he's done

I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

you did good, mama.

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

You are amazing for getting this far! Great job!
    Robin

Great Job Mama!
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

You've done a great job, mama!
    Sarah- Mommy to Ally (4/16/06) , Katlyn (11/13/07) & Rebekah (10/21/09)
    All three, all natural!

Congratulations! I know it's hard, I distinctly remember the last time my DD nursed, but I also remember thinking a week or two after she had stopped that I was surprised at how little my relationship with her had changed. You still know how to comfort and soothe your little boy better than anyone in the world, and you have the added bonus of knowing that he nursed as long as he wanted to. What an incredible gift for him - you should be proud of both of you!

And as a nursing mom of an almost twenty eight month old, I envy you only a little... I'd love to have my DS wean as peacefully and happily.
    Melissa
    Mom to Jessica (2/7/03) breastfed for 8 months
    Sam (7/6/06) breastfed for three years, five months, two weeks and three days (not that I was counting or anything :-)
    Julianna (4/29/10) struggled thru nursing strike, nipple confusion, thrush, multiple cracks and fissures, a staph infection and then another bout of thrush, but happily nursing away
    www.cohenfamily-melissa.blogspot.com

You've done a great job, mama.

I think we're going down the same road. Nora didn't nurse at all yesterday. (can you tell I'm not really sure how to feel about it?)
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    I think we're going down the same road. Nora didn't nurse at all yesterday. (can you tell I'm not really sure how to feel about it?)
    Exactly the same way I feel . So weird to have a child who LOVED to nurse to skipping it all together so fast.

Thank you all for your encouraging words. He still loves to have snuggle time with mommy which I of course.
    Loving mama to S - 11/06, and F - 1/09

Hugs to you and Sebi

and Paige and Nora too

you are both wonderful mamas!
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07