Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Just when we thought it was over......

Default Just when we thought it was over......

She is back at it. I decided to let her decide how she was going to handle the nursing through the pregnancy. She was nursing about 6 or so times before but then my milk supply decreased around 8 weeks or so in the pregnancy. At that time she cut her nursings down to about 2 or 3 times a day and has slowly dropped down to one. Hurricane IKE hit our area and she nursed 3 or 4 times in a 3 hour period, which I was happy with because I wasn't ready to wean. Then she didn't nurse again for 4 days. It was very sad and I would ask but she would say no. So, last night I just raised my shirt and snuggled her next to me and she latched right on!
    wife , mom, maid , cook , taxi. All in a days work

Default Re: Just when we thought it was over......

! I am so glad you are letting her go with what is comfortable for her! Go Mama!
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."