Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: OS and Weaning

Default OS and Weaning

Any moms that have had OS - how did you manage weaning? I have stopped my betime pump session, as that was when supply was lowest (2-6 oz) and I am already getting engorged and having lumpy breasts overnight and during AM. I have a dreadful feeling my body will not respond for a long time, and I need to try to get the nursing sessions down. I alternate breasts at each feeding. Any Advice?
    Proud Mommy of Zachary Patrick 02/11/08
    1 month
    2 months
    3 months
    4 months
    5 months
    6 months

Overcame relactation, started EBM in bottle at 3 1/2 weeks, and started nursing at 10 weeks!

Default Re: OS and Weaning

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lovemybabymonster View Post
    Any moms that have had OS - how did you manage weaning? I have stopped my betime pump session, as that was when supply was lowest (2-6 oz) and I am already getting engorged and having lumpy breasts overnight and during AM. I have a dreadful feeling my body will not respond for a long time, and I need to try to get the nursing sessions down. I alternate breasts at each feeding. Any Advice?
    Some mothers find that using cabbage leaves can help when they have engorgement during weaning. Crumple a green cabbage leaf, then open it back up and put on your breast inside your bra. It helps reduce swelling. Maybe it would be helpful in your case?
    Marianne
    LLL Leader

Default Re: OS and Weaning

My OB prescribed me birth control pills (normal birth control pills with both estrogen and progesterone, not the minipill) to try to decrease my supply. This may help you with weaning. Good luck.