Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Traveling

Default Traveling

Okay so I have this upcoming trip for work and I have to fly a short distance to get there and back. I already posted regarding flying with pumped milk but now my worry is traveling with the pump itself. Can I bring it as a carry on or do I need to check it? Has anyone had this issue?

Default Re: Traveling

I haven't done it yet but will be in the next couple months. I plan on carrying it on and declaring it so they don't think it is something funny and I have to get searched.

Plus I have seen how they handle luggage and I don't want that thing coming back broken...I paid way too much for it!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

Okay. I think that I will carry it on as well. I will let you know if I come across any problems with this. I am too nervous to pack it because I will not have time to track down another pump if I get to my destination and find that they lost or broke the pump. This is also my thinking about when I come back and bring the pumped milk on as a carry on. People at work have asked why i don't just check it but if the airlines lost the milk I would be heart broken. Liquid gold...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*3boysmom View Post
    Liquid gold...
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

I'm flying in a couple of weeks and am taking my pump on the plane with me rather than checking it because I don't want to worry about it ending up in Omaha instead of NYC.

On the TSA web site they say they now consider breast milk in the same category as liquid medicine so it shouldn't be a problem to bring it back on the plane with you.

I'm still a little nervous but feel armed with good information.

Melissa

We flew over 4th of July weekend and I brought my pump on board with me as my carry-on. It had milk in there and everything...and NO issues!!
    I was terribly nervous that I would be questioned and that it would wind up being a hassle but thankfully it wasn't. Surprisingly, the TSA agents were very nice (even in Atlanta - the busiest airport in the world) and accommodating.

Don't worry - it should be just fine!