Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Does this sound like good progress?

Default Does this sound like good progress?

Before Day 1: Squeeze breasts an milk reluntantly comes out. Looks more like colustrum with the thick sticky clear and white swirls. (Nothing when pumped)

End of Day 2: Easier to squeeze milk out. Now appears like the white color it normally did. (But nothing when pumped)

End of Day 3: Even easier to squeeze out.. and squirted milk! (I was giddy about squirting!) .. Nursed most of the day and never pumped so not sure. Doubtful if I got anything.

I've been taking 3 Fenugreek, 3x daily. Also have been eating Oatmeal and trying to drink more water. I got a prescription for domperidome .. but haven't found a pharmacy that carries it yet. (However I did order from InHouse as well...)

I found that Central FL has a breastfeeding center so I am going to go by and talk to them about some issues.. including Carli gagging at the breast w/o the nipple shield and just to get support with relactating. Also am trying to find a hospital grade pump so work on my supply. The pump I have (Medlea Swing) is okay.. but it's on the weak side and its only a single and I need a double for some power pumping sessions.

Default Re: Does this sound like good progress?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*MomtoCarli View Post
    Before Day 1: Squeeze breasts an milk reluntantly comes out. Looks more like colustrum with the thick sticky clear and white swirls. (Nothing when pumped)

End of Day 2: Easier to squeeze milk out. Now appears like the white color it normally did. (But nothing when pumped)

End of Day 3: Even easier to squeeze out.. and squirted milk! (I was giddy about squirting!) .. Nursed most of the day and never pumped so not sure. Doubtful if I got anything.

I've been taking 3 Fenugreek, 3x daily. Also have been eating Oatmeal and trying to drink more water. I got a prescription for domperidome .. but haven't found a pharmacy that carries it yet. (However I did order from InHouse as well...)

I found that Central FL has a breastfeeding center so I am going to go by and talk to them about some issues.. including Carli gagging at the breast w/o the nipple shield and just to get support with relactating. Also am trying to find a hospital grade pump so work on my supply. The pump I have (Medlea Swing) is okay.. but it's on the weak side and its only a single and I need a double for some power pumping sessions.
    Sure sounds like progress to me! Yay for you! Have you checked out the lowmilksupply.org website? increasing milk supply

Renting a double pump is a good idea. Regarding the domperidone...I believe that it is not possible to get it at a pharmacy in the US.
    Marianne
    LLL Leader

awesome progress mama

keep up the good work!

also I am fairly certain about the dom not being carried in the us pharmacies, but i have heard you can order online. HTH
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

You can get the Dom online, but you cannot order it from Canada. They aren't allowed to ship it into the US anymore. My Peds Dr told me about that. =p
    Married April, 19 2008

DD (Jeni) - Born February 19, 2002

DS (Josh) - Born July 7, 2008