Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We're Heeeeere!

Default We're Heeeeere!

My baby is a year old tomorrow.

I can happily say that I EBF her for 6 months (all 6 using a NS) and have achieved my main goal of breastfeeding for a year If you had told me before I had my DD that I would be breastfeeding even a day over 12 months I wouldn't have believed it Now, my goal is 15 months or until I get pregnant again. I want to say thank you to LLL. If I hadn't read TWAOB I don't think I'd have made it through the first night home with DD. Also, thank you to all of you wonderful ladies for advice and support along the way (sorry I think that watching the emmy's has made this sound like an acceptance speech).

I know I'm going to need a lot of support for the months to come. Although I'm not ashamed to breastfeed beyond one, I'm not the best at dealing with pressure from others to quit. But, my love for my DD, and knowledge of the benefits of breastmilk has and will keep me from weaning her too quickly.

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

Default Re: We're Heeeeere!

were nearing the year mark in a few months you inspire me to keep on nursing beyond that

sucessfully breastfeeding my little princess for 10 months we are absolutely in love I know Im giving her the best and I know she'll grow healthy and strong!!
    Happily Nursing my Toddler

New to and loving that too!!!

My little Sarai loves her cloth
    And I love to them.....yes yet another cloth convert

way to go making it to a year! Its a great feeling when you accomplish your goals!

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

Congratulations!
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

One of the great things about nursing past a year is that like sleeping through the night question, most people assume you wean at or around (or before) a year and stop asking. If it's working for you and your daughter, keep up the great work!
    DS 1/2006 9 lb. 2 oz. 22 in.
    DD 10/2008 8 lb, 2 oz. 20 in.

Great job, mama!
    Robin

Congratulations on a job well done, but not in any way finished!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Congratulations!!! It's such an amazing journey! I certainly hope you stand your ground and wean at a rate that is natural for you and your baby!!!

Way too lazy for formula

Thanks everyone Nina, if I've inspired anyone to breastfeed longer than planned than that makes me very very happy DJ'sMom, I will for sure stand my ground. I've learned a lot this year and although it won't always be comfortable, I know I'm doing what's best for my child.

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I too have it to my goal of 1 year! My daughter is now 13 months and I'm still breastfeeding her. My plan was to wean her but when I tried it (granted, I only tried it one day) she didn't seem ready. So I'm just taking it one day at a time now! We'll wean when "we're" ready!

Again, congratulations!
    First-time mommy to Danielle 8/16/07
    Wife to Mike 9/29/01