Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Gassy!

Question Gassy!

My ds has soooo much irritable gas at the moment. Any ideas as to what might be causing it.
    Mummy to sweet little Roselyne, born 20 Dec 2006 and Baby Arthur born 4 Aug 2008

Default Re: Gassy!

Could be what you ate. Have you changed your diet lately? Or maybe it could be OS?
    Married my love on 7/3/2004
    Blessed with Isabella Grace on 5/20/2008
    Back to work on 7/22/2008

& since 5/20/2008
    No formula!

Goals:

1 month 2 months 3 months 4 months 5 months 6 months 7 months 8 months 9 months 10 months 11 months 12 months

up until my LO was about two months old, he was always gassy. I tried eliminating different foods from my diet, but he was still gassy all the time. I asked my ped what was going on, he said that LO's tummy was still immature at digesting BM, that most babies get more efficient later on. DS is almost 5 mo now and no signs of gas. But your problem might be attributed to your diet? diary is known to cause tummy upset...

Does the gas increase throughout the day or is it a permanent thing throughout the day?
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."