Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Looking for some encouragment.... Please?

Default Looking for some encouragment.... Please?

Hi Ladies... I have been on again, off again trying to relactate. I was a bit depressed when I first started. I was diagnosed with severe PPD and put on meds. I am going into 5 days of being on the meds and to be honest, they make me feel like crud. During these past 5 days, I have barely pumped. Between my feeling like crap (normal side effects according to my doctor, whom I called today), DS is teething and cries so much. I feel like I'm getting nowhere and I'm trying so hard not to beat myself up for it. I know my PPD is playing a big part in who I am right now.

I guess I'm wondering about my chances at being successful... I know it takes time and lots of dedication and I am dedicated. I guess pumping so often every day and still getting almost nothing (other than a few drops) got to me...

DS is 4 months old. We haven't nursed since he was 2 days old. He will not take my breast, not even for comfort. I babywear seveal hours a day and we bathe together. I don't cosleep because of DS's reflux (he still sleeps in the swing so he can be upright) but I would love to wean him from his swing and back into our bed. We cuddle all day long but he still won't take my breast. I do have an SNS but until I can get him even want me, it's no use... I've tried, lol.

I guess I have that part of me that is depressed and tired of trying. I know in my heart that if I give up without really giving it my all, I'll regret it deeply.

Can anyone give me some motivation? I'm trying to motivate myself but it's the whole issue of not getting anything while pumping that keeps bringing me down...

TIA!

Oh, I am taking herbs (more milk plus and additional fenugreek)... Or I was... I stopped them when I started feeling cruddy from my Paxil... I just wanted to rule out the herbs, lol.

Default Re: Looking for some encouragment.... Please?

I don't know if you have or haven't attend a LLL meeting, but they would give you a lot of support.

I don't even know what to say. Depression isn't easy and affect everything in your life. How's everything going with your baby?, that's beside the re-lactation process. Your baby needs you to relax a bit so you don't go into a nervous break down or something like that, I know it's easier said than done. Try your best but don't beat yourself too much, KWIM?

I hope this help a bit, I just want you to know that you've people that care here.

Default Re: Looking for some encouragment.... Please?

Thanks Kathy... I appreciate that...Relaxing I'm working on, lol. It's not so easy being a stay at home mom with a DH who works 7 days a week. I never get a break so that makes it super tough. But I'm working through it and have found this board to be a huge relaxation point for me.

He's okay... He's teething or something and he's been mega fussy. And he has an ear infection on top of everything else. But he did weigh in at 15lbs (under 6 lbs at birth) so that has been the highlight of my week so far... lol.

THanks