Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Need help badly!!!

Exclamation Need help badly!!!

I don't want to type up the entire story again, as DD is being really fussy right now, but here is a thread from another breastfeeding forum that I have been updating daily:

http://www.ovusoft.com/forum/tm.asp?...77&p=1&tmode=1

Any advice would be so greatly appreciated! I don't know what to do!

Thanks so much!

Sami
    (mommy to Madelyn Alexa)

Default Re: Need help badly!!!

Hi Sami,
    I am a little pressed for time tonight, but I read through your situation. I am bumping this up in the hopes that someone else can respond, but you may want to post it in the infant forum or food allergies, where it might get better responses.

I am not sure of the whole story, but I had over supply issues, and a son who threw up ALOT, ALL the time.

My first issue with over supply was first getting THAT under control, amazingly the way I did that was to, first, only nurse on one side per SEVERAL hours. Meaning I would start out on my right breast lets say, and for 4 -5 hours I ONLY nursed on that breast, then switched. Zachary was soo fussy and eating ALL the time because he was not getting any of the hind milk, only the foremilk.

Also for his throwing up, I had to go on the "get rid of all the ickies in your body" diet. Meaning I ate turkey and rice for count them 4 weeks...OMG it stunk!!! But it worked, Zachary stoped throwing up after the 2nd full week, and once I started adding back (one thing at a time) I figured out he has issues dealing with dairy, spicy foods, things with tomato's in it, and fish (weird)...

Once we worked out both those issues it was like I had a new baby...again I am not sure this is you, but hopefully something will touch you?

that sounds like its reflux related....
    i think what you should first do is eliminate allergens. then see a ped. GI and they can prescribe some meds to help that. my son is on meds and is so much better now.

As that thread already stated, I have seen a Pediatric GI, the baby has been on everything from Axid to Prevacid to Levsin to Zantac and Gripe Water. She had an ultrasound to see if it was Pyloric Stenosis (this is all in that thread I posted).

I am also already on an elimination diet of no dairy, eggs, beef, soy, citrus or nuts. She actually has gotten WORSE since I started the elimination diet.

h2 blockers are worthless...
    my guess is the PPI was a low dose...
    marci-kids.com

I saw in your thread that you had to give a stool sample, but is your baby pooping regularly? I have a friend whose son had Herschsprung's disease. It's very hard to diagnose, but the big symptom is her son wasn't pooping but every five days or so. Since it wasn't coming out that end, it came out the other. It took over two years for the doctor's to figure it out. I'm really not sure of other symptoms, but it might be something else to rule out.