Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: The First Years Breastflow Bottles

Lightbulb The First Years Breastflow Bottles

Just wanted to let everyone know about these...

I decided to order a pack since DD has been having some trouble opening wide enough to latch on as comfortably as possible. I figured this is the result of me having to supplement with a bottle (she's been using Playtex nurser Medium flow latex nipples) due to a long-lasting breast infection that made me way too sore to nurse. But the Breastflow bottles make baby open WIDE, and since I am still supplementing a little (down to 2-3 times a day! Yay!) hopefully they will help with her latch at the breast.

I will let you know how well they work for us!! I just thought it was nice to see a bottle made especially for mothers who breastfeed but need to use a bottle once in a while.

I'm a full-time single mama and a full-time law student!! Loving every minute!!

Mommy to Izzy , born 8/23/08!!! Check out our blog!

BW: 8lbs. 8oz., 20 in.
    3 months: 11 lbs. 14oz., 23 1/4 in.
    6 months: 17 lbs. 9oz., 26 1/2 in.
    9 months: 20 lbs. 0 oz., 27 in.
    12 months: 22 lbs. 12 oz., 28 3/4 in.
    15 months: 25 lbs. 12 oz., 29 3/4 in.

for 18+ months! Now we only nurse on one side because mama's other side is predisposed to recurring mastitis!!

Default Re: The First Years Breastflow Bottles

I bought those when DD was little. I only used them a couple of times, but I thought they were really neat. It's cool how they work almost just like a boob, too. Good luck with them, let us know how it all goes! And congrats on getting the supplementing down!
    Stephanie -- Newly single Mama to Alaina Jane, a.k.a. Laineybug, born 8/9/07.

Breastfeeding is an unsentimental metaphor for how love works, in a way. You don't decide how much and how deeply to love - you respond to the beloved, and give with joy exactly as much as they want. ~Marni Jackson