Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pumping in car? Medela PIS- how to give it power?

Default Pumping in car? Medela PIS- how to give it power?

I have to be away at an amusement park on Sunday for work...all day! How do I pump milk? I have a Medela PIS, is there some way I can give it auxiliary power from my lighter/power pod? TIA.

Default Re: Pumping in car? Medela PIS- how to give it power?

My Medela PIS has a battery pack (takes 8 AAs) and a car adapter that plugs into the lighter. If you don't already have these accessories, try a well-stocked Babies R Us. I ordered mine online but you won't have time to do that before Sunday! Have fun at the park!

I did not want to pay the $30 (CDN) for a lighter adapter so used our power inverter. It's a gadget you can use to plug small appliances into your car lighter.. Just be sure to check the voltage. They are pretty cheap. I got mine at a computer store (Targus brand) but you can get them anywhere.

Paula

I wasn't happy with the power from the battery pack and used a power inverter for a while, then invested the $14.99 for the cig lighter adapter form my PIS...the power is actually a little stronger with the cig lighter adapter..and I actually get a better pump than with regular AC power... I'm really glad I spent the extra $$...well worth the investment for me...
    I found mine at Babies R Us...

Thank you! Actually, I called the park and since I'm running this huge event for my work, the lady in the office is going to let me pump in there! And they have a fridge- so I'll just plug into the wall. That gives me time to order one of these car adaptors you all told me about, thank you!