Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: did they stop making the medela PIS?

Default did they stop making the medela PIS?

did they stop making the medela PIS? (the "regular" PIS, not the advanced)?

and if so, why????

Default Re: did they stop making the medela PIS?

does anyone know?

don't know, but did you try emailing the company? Their website is www.medela.us
    the PIS is not listed as a product on their website.

I believe they have stopped making it. The 2 phases technology which mimics (as much as possible) baby's suck is the addition in the advanced model, if you perfer not to use it you can stop the let down phase and it will act just like the PIS.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

I don't know, but if you're in the market for a new pump, check out this http://bestbuybaby.com/mefrhafrbr.html. It's GREAT.
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Jenna562 View Post
    I believe they have stopped making it. The 2 phases technology which mimics (as much as possible) baby's suck is the addition in the advanced model, if you perfer not to use it you can stop the let down phase and it will act just like the PIS.
    good to know. i have a PIS and i love it. never liked the idea of the 2 phase technology, so it's nice to know you can turn it off if you don't like it.

I hope not. The main reason I chose the original over the advanced is you can control the speed and suction, not just flip back and forth between phases.
    Married to by best friend 11 Years!

Mommy to David-4

Mommy to Nathan born 3/19/08

Work full time and whenever I can.

I found this on mybreastpump.com. I still prefer the original PIS to the the advanced. I really like the drop down shelf, it's great for pumping in places where you wouldn't want to, like dirty bathrooms.

The Medela Pump In Style Original Professional Breast Pump, originally introduced in the 1990s, has now been discontinued. Medela stopped selling this breast pump at the end of 2007, and We sold our last one in January 2008. Medela no longer has any of these breast pumps available. If you own a Pump In Style Original Professional Breast Pump we do have the replacement parts -- and Medela is currently still making those parts available.

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*twoboys.tolove View Post
    I hope not. The main reason I chose the original over the advanced is you can control the speed and suction, not just flip back and forth between phases.
    You can control the speed/suction on the PIS advanced too. It has two phases but you can control the suction in each of those phases.
    Mom to Lainey (11-8-06)