Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: blocked Duct may be !!

Default blocked Duct may be !!

My DD is two weeks today and feeding great she fed lots last night nearly every hour but ive noticed a sore spot on my right boob today its tender when i touch I have tried massageing it before a feed and during I think its a blocked duct and tip on what i can do had matitis with my last baby do not want to go there again

any advice would be great
    mammy to 20/02/01 22/03/03 12/04/06 26/08/08
    wife to my lovely husband Paul

Not around here as much :(

Default Re: blocked Duct may be !!

This resource talks a bit about both plugged ducts as well as mastitis (and how to tell the difference and how to manage them)

Hope it helps - keep us posted
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

I've personally had really good experience hand expressing at the end of a hot shower while massaging the plugged duct.
    DS 1/2006 9 lb. 2 oz. 22 in.
    DD 10/2008 8 lb, 2 oz. 20 in.

Nurse, nurse, nurse. That's the only thing that has helped me. My DD is the only one that can suck that plug duct out! I've tried pumping while massaging the sore spot and it wouldn't do the trick, then I plopped DD on my boob and she sucked it right out in like 5 seconds! Not kidding. And it was my right breast too!
    Married my love on 7/3/2004
    Blessed with Isabella Grace on 5/20/2008
    Back to work on 7/22/2008

& since 5/20/2008
    No formula!

1 month 2 months 3 months 4 months 5 months 6 months 7 months 8 months 9 months 10 months 11 months 12 months

its taken me ages to get logged in again lol

it was a blocked duct and i had a hot shower massaged it and fed DD and it went very quick and no more problems with that

thanks for your help
    mammy to 20/02/01 22/03/03 12/04/06 26/08/08
    wife to my lovely husband Paul