Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Lact-aid Nursing System

Question Lact-aid Nursing System

How does it work? Does anyone have experience using this system?

I have read both positive and negative reviews about it. I want to increase my supply and it seems like nursing is the best way. My 3 month old doesnt want to nurse bec my supply is nonexistant so I thought it would help. My only concern is that he will start sucking straight off the tube or when we switch back to only breast he will not want to nurse because the flow will not be the same.

Default Re: Lact-aid Nursing System

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*babyys View Post
    How does it work? Does anyone have experience using this system?

I have read both positive and negative reviews about it. I want to increase my supply and it seems like nursing is the best way. My 3 month old doesnt want to nurse bec my supply is nonexistant so I thought it would help. My only concern is that he will start sucking straight off the tube or when we switch back to only breast he will not want to nurse because the flow will not be the same.
    The lowmilksupply.org website has info about at-breast-supplementation: here

Also, if you look at recent threads on this forum, there are some about the SNS, which is similar to the Lact-aid.
    Marianne
    LLL Leader

I have that problem right now. I was using the SNS and now the Lact-Aid. I think both are the same and baby can get hooked. The only way to prevent that is to get the supply up and get baby off of the tube asap. The bottle will do the same thing. What exactly are you doing now?
    Mama to 2 wonderful girls (nursed 3 yrs.) and twin boys born 12/30/05 (stuck on the SNS due to pallate issues discovered very late) Thankful though that at least at the breast.

P.S. Baby will suck at breast with the tube. He just likes the flow better with it. I am trying to get my supply up desperately. What have you read negative about the Lact-Aid. I would like that link. I have only read the positive and would like to read something more realistic.
    Mama to 2 wonderful girls (nursed 3 yrs.) and twin boys born 12/30/05 (stuck on the SNS due to pallate issues discovered very late) Thankful though that at least at the breast.

Well I bought a tube to stick in a bottle by my problem is trying to get it into his mouth and than him sucking so the supplement will come out. I feel like I need an extra hand or two

what I'm doing now: for the moment got a hospital grade pump and am pumping 8 - 10 times a day, taking fenugreek 3x a day, taking reglan 3x a day; and what I pump I feed it to the baby through a bottle and the rest is formula.

As far as what I have heard, I wish I could give you the links, but I just did a random search and found a couple of people that had bad experiences such as baby playing with the tube, not wanting to nurse when the tubing isnt there. On top of that, an LC told me that if the baby is too old he/she may recognise that there is a tube that the milk is coming from and try to such directly from that. Mostly the input was positive, so just to be on the safe-side that's why I started this thread.