Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help Help - Sudden change

Default Help Help - Sudden change

I pump for my baby who is 5 mo now when at work everyday Monday thru friday. I have been doing this since i joined work 3 months ago. Till yesterday morning I was getting 4-5 oz total each time i pumped. I pumped for 3 times when away from my baby and fed him before leaving and after returning. All of a sudden when I pumped yesterday morning at work i got normal output but since afternoon i have not been getting any let down which leads to hardly 1 oz in total which i hand expressed both times. I went home fed my baby and all was fine. i thought it was just one off day. but today morning at work its the same. No let down... I come to know when let down occurs and i get milk while i pump. i dont have too much in freezer so i need to rectify this issue asap. i dont wont to get to formula. can anyone help. what may be wrong.. plz help!!

Default Re: Help Help - Sudden change

What's going on while youa re pumping? Are you distracted? Tense? I tried standing and doing the mama rock (while humming and imagining holding my son) while pumping when I hit the same type of wall you are describing, and it seemed to rectify it. I am sure it was for those who could hear me humming, but I didn't care!

Also, I started eating oatmeal everyday and made the mama milk cookies and had one or two with mother'smilk tea in the afternoon.
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

Have you checked your pump parts and assembly to see if everything is working properly. I know I once had a problem and I discovered that the little white membranes weren't centered properly on the values and I had poor suction.
    I'm Wendi.
    Mom to:
    DD1 7/28/07 for 21 mos and weaned with
    &
    DD2 12/16/09

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lilbirdie22 View Post
    Have you checked your pump parts and assembly to see if everything is working properly. I know I once had a problem and I discovered that the little white membranes weren't centered properly on the values and I had poor suction.

try removing the horn and sucking on the place where the horns normally attach, while plugging the hole where the tubes normally attach with your finger, you should get a very strong vacuum resistance immediately, if you are able to suck freely try replacing the membranes, they can have tiny invisible holes.
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lilbirdie22 View Post
    I had totally forgotten about that, I had a problem twice with the membranes and once with the tubing. Check and recheck the parts.
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

You might be getting your period? I know that's when my pumping output slowed down for a couple of days. Is that possible?
    Loving mama to S - 11/06, and F - 1/09

Thanks all.. Even i had that thought in mind about pump not being good. But i can feel the suction so I dont think thats the problem but I will even then replace the membranes tonight and try. Its like I just am not getting any let down any more.
    Also to add - I was getting a very strong one when my baby sucked but now its not that strong. I can see my baby suck - the suck-pause-suck style. I hope I am not starving him. i am just getting too worried.

i thought i was getting period but its 3 days this is happening and no signs of periods yet (I havent got it back yet). Also I am 100% sure I am not pregnant again so thats not a chance.