Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: It's Back...Bummer

Default It's Back...Bummer

I got my period again Of course we were on our way to a wedding and then all _ _ _ _ broke loose... I had to beg a woman at the convenience store to have mercy on me so I could use the employee bathroom. It was horrible!!!! Anyway, I have always had a history of migraines and bad cramps with my period, but this time it's different. I have nothing, just a heavy period...Does it change after a baby or is this just the calm before the storm???

New Mommy to Michael 4-5-08
    and and new to the world of

Default Re: It's Back...Bummer

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*milkedmama View Post
    Does it change after a baby or is this just the calm before the storm???
    My understanding is that it's normal for your first few postpartum cycles to be pretty wacky. Heavier/lighter/longer/shorter than pre-pregnancy.

Sorry AF is back to bother you!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I had zero PMS with my first PPAF. It was shocking! I'm still waiting for my second, but I would be overjoyed to say goodbye to cramps and crying jabs forever!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    My understanding is that it's normal for your first few postpartum cycles to be pretty wacky. Heavier/lighter/longer/shorter than pre-pregnancy.

Sorry AF is back to bother you!
    mine was all weird AF came back when my Lo was 6 months.. It was horrible but got better with time.
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones

I don't get cramps nearly as bad as I did before I had Nora. Thank God. I still get headaches and mild cramps but not the can't-function-can't-move-gotta-curl-up-in-a-little-ball kind anymore.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    I don't get cramps nearly as bad as I did before I had Nora. Thank God. I still get headaches and mild cramps but not the can't-function-can't-move-gotta-curl-up-in-a-little-ball kind anymore.
    Yep, exact same thing for me. I used to have HORRIBLE cramps with my period before I had the baby, but now I don't get them at all, or they are very, very mild. Also, my periods don't seem to last as long as they did before I had a baby. I should add, my periods came back when my baby was only 6 weeks old. She's going on almost 1 year old now!!

Oh, one more thing... I used to get migraines before I had a baby (not necessarily during AF), but I haven't had one since having her. Mine were never bad enough to require prescription meds, I only ever used Excedrin Migraine, but I haven't had any since having her.

Buff
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.