Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Cranky baby

Default Cranky baby

My 6 mo old has been so cranky lately - I know he's teething, the first tooth just came through today, but I was wondering if there's anything else that could be wrong or that I need to be doing for him. He's usually ready to sleep about an hour after he wakes up - after he gets up in the morning, after naps, etc. He'll nap at least 3 times a day, for about an hour, and will be cranky and ready to sleep again an hour later. He doesn't just drop off right away though, he'll whine and cry and I'll re-paci him a few times before he falls asleep again (I can tell he wants sleep though b/c as soon as I put his blankie to his cheek his eyes will droop and his head nods). Sorry it's a rambling post. It just doesn't feel right to me that he doesn't have any longer happier awake times during the day. advice???

Default Re: Cranky baby

Well, mama I don't have much to offer. Teething is really hard on some babies. It makes mine absolutly misreable. Nursing helps them deal with the pain. Have you tried an infant pain reliever? Of course there is always the teething toy's you put in the fridge. You could wet the corner of a washcloth and freeze it. Some babies don't like the cold though, you just have to see what works for you lo.

If you are concerned it is something more than you should call your Dr.

Jenn
    Mom to - DD1 10/5/05, DS 6/27/07 & DD2 6/18/09

Yeah, this is a really tough time. How are things going today? All kids are different on the teeth, some feel much better after it pops though and others are still miserable for awhile.
    Definitely talk to your dr about what you can do for pain relief and also if it doesn't let up your dr might want to check for other problems, like an ear infection.
    Jessica
    LLL Leader

Breastfeeding is an instinctual and natural act, but it is also an art that is learned day by day.

Visit LLL of Ashburn PM's Blog!

I might call my pedi just in case. Maybe it's a combination of teething/growth spurt. He's just ready for sleep so quickly after getting up.

I would call my pedi if I was you.. My 2 year old used to get ear infections when she was teething... and it really didn't help the situation very much.. She was a TERRIBLE teether since she would get two iin at a time.. I also used Hylands teething tablets they are very handy to keep around...
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones