Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Bumps on babies face? Allergies?

Default Bumps on babies face? Allergies?

The other day my 6week old broke out on one whole side of her face. She has had baby acne around her nose but these are very small red bumps and she even has some on her ear. I don't know if she broke out from sweating while nursing or if this could be an allergy. Has anyone had this problem?

Default Re: Bumps on babies face? Allergies?

It's probably more baby acne. My LO had a couple white bumps on his nose from birth. Then around 6 weeks he had small red bumps all over his cheeks, ears, and even around the back of his neck. I was concerned it was a rash from spit up or something but the doctor said it was baby acne. It didn't look anything like I thought it would and went away probably around week 9 or so.

My baby broke out in these too and the dr seemed to think she's fine. They also went down her chest a little.

Thanks for your input! I was concerned.

I think it`s normal around the 1 month age to have some baby acne. I actually had a stranger say oh she`s about a month isn`t she? she said she knew because of the acne! My baby was BIG. And is always guessed at being 1 -2 months older than she is.

My LO had baby acne that cleared up right away around 4 weeks. Recently he broke out in more bumps on his cheeks but the skin is also now super dry around the bumps. Is this baby acne still or is it eczema from an allergy? Anyone have experience with this? I left a message for his pediatrician but I missed his call

My baby has bumps on her cheeks and it was diagnosed as eczema by dermatologist. We thought it was baby acne but it wasn't. She's had them since month 1 and she is 5 months now. There's not much we can do except to do what the derm advised us - wash with water (no soap as it dries out the skin) and put Aquaphor (it's like a very thick Vaseline) on her cheeks. The severity of the bumps as it goes from red to normal skin color comes and goes. Last couple of weeks it looked like it was going away but yesterday her cheeks got red with bumps again. Derm says it's hard to predict when it'll go away completely, it can last for few years or go away in few months.