Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: The Butter and Avacados worked

Default The Butter and Avacados worked

My LO had fallen off the bottom of the weight chart at 9 months and was only in the 15th for height. When she hit 11 months with no improvement although she was still nursing 5-7 times day, I decided to try the added fat diet. SO today she went for her 12 month check-up, today. She was in the 25th% for height and 5th% for weight. She had gained 1.5 pounds and half an inch in a month. The Dr said she was doing great and pointed out what it would do for us adults if we gave up butter and other fats. LOL
    SAHM mom to 5 daughters-16,15,13,3,10 months Happy Wife to stressed out, overworked husband

Default Re: The Butter and Avacados worked

That's terrific!
    Laura, proud vbacing, ecological breastfeeding mommy to four ages 8, 6, 5, and 2. That's Kate nursing her doll, Adam.

The Seven Standards of ecological breastfeeding: (1) exclusive breasfeeding for the first 6 months (2) pacify baby at your breast (3) don't use bottles and pacifiers (4) co-sleep for night feedings (5) take a nursing nap (6) nurse frequently day and night; avoiding schedules (7) avoid practices that restrict nursing or separates you from your baby. The average return of menstruation for ecological breastfeeding mothers is between 14 and 15 months.

good. i think i may suggest this to my friend with a 17 lb one yr old
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Awesome!
    Robin

Great News!
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

I hate to show my ignorance, but what exactly is the added fat diet? My DD is three months old and weighs 11.14. She gains an average of about a half an ounce a day, and there have been some concerns that she's not gaining well. If I could change something about my diet to help her gain better, I'd love to give it a shot.

Thanks!
    Wife to Phil
    Stepmama to Tyler age 10, Talia age 8, and McKayla age 7
    Mama to Riley, age 4 (almost 5) and sweet baby Zoey, 10 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*angelirish19 View Post
    I hate to show my ignorance, but what exactly is the added fat diet? My DD is three months old and weighs 11.14. She gains an average of about a half an ounce a day, and there have been some concerns that she's not gaining well. If I could change something about my diet to help her gain better, I'd love to give it a shot.

Thanks!
    I think original poster is saying she added the fats to the lo's diet - yes?