Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: growth spurt question

Question growth spurt question

hi ladies- just a dumb question about the 3 mo growth spurt... DD will be 12 wks tomorrow but i consider her 3 mo bday to be on 8/18 since she was born on 5/18. is this when i should expect the GS? yesterday all she did was nurse, nurse, nurse which is unusual for her & now today she is really fussy- does the GS happen at 12 wks or at the 3 mo mark? can a GS come early? any ideas? thanks.

Default Re: growth spurt question

Mine will be 12 weeks old on the 12th of this month. I've been wondering the same thing. He has been sleeping through the night for a while now, and then the past couple of days he's been waking up around 0300 to nurse. I chalked it up to the reflux, and reflux med playing with him. Now I'm not so sure. He probably is hitting his GS. The book I read goes by weeks. I'll be interested to see some more responses though. I'm pretty sure it's per the individual too.

My dd had her growth spurt between 11 and 12 weeks old. She was basically fussy and nursed more all day and night for 3 days. NOTHING like the 3 week or 6 week growth spurts - thank goodness for my boobs!!

that's a good point AJsmommy- she woke up and wanted to nurse i think 3 times last night! that is so uncommon for her. it must be a growth spurt! she is just being so fussy today, almost acting colicky, which she has not done since her 6 wk GS. i just got her content & i am eating for the first time today (it's almost 1:00! poor mommy ) . i just can't explain her behavior if it's not a GS, i haven't eaten anything out of the norm in the past few days or anything & she's not sick.

My Annie has the same birthday and is doing the same thing so I guess it is normal! I was geting concerned about low suppply or something was wrong.

wow- your dd was born 5/18 too? that's cool. yes it must be the 3 mo GS then. she is eating eating eating away! she is usually in bed by eight or nine and she is still awake as we speak (10:45) still wanting to eat more but mommy needed a boobie break!

Little man ate every two hours yesterday. He usually goes every 3-3 1/2. But, he slept through the night from 2100-0500, nursed, then woke up for good a few minutes ago. Go figure, he increases my supply all day, and then sleeps all night and leaves me hangin. How do you spell reliefe? N-U-R-S-I-N-G.....

oh AJsmommy- at least you got some sleep! DD ate several times last night. sooooo unlike her. luckily we have side-lying mastered so i could keep sleeping. i just left it out and let her have at it! she sounded like a little piggie w/ all the snorting and grunting! you'd think she hadn't eaten in days! kayleigh eats normally about every 2 hrs so yesterday was more like every hour. feels like those early days. oh well, at least we are getting to snuggle a lot!