Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Has anyone tried the herb Shatavari?

Default Has anyone tried the herb Shatavari?

My LC recommended a new herb called Shatavari as an alternative to Fenugreek, which did not agree with my tummy. I've been taking it for about a week and it really seems to help. My breasts are more full and I seem to be getting more when I pump - 2 oz each side rather than .5 to 1 oz each side. Has anyone used it or heard anything good/bad about it?

Default Re: Has anyone tried the herb Shatavari?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*gingermom View Post
    My LC recommended a new herb called Shatavari as an alternative to Fenugreek, which did not agree with my tummy. I've been taking it for about a week and it really seems to help. My breasts are more full and I seem to be getting more when I pump - 2 oz each side rather than .5 to 1 oz each side. Has anyone used it or heard anything good/bad about it?
    The lowmilksupply.org website has some info about shatavari: here
    Marianne
    LLL Leader

Thanks for the link. I purchased mine from the Breastfeeding Center of Washington - a wonderful resource/place that has saved my sanity for the last three months! It seems to be working as I was experiencing some low supply issues as I upped my pumping, and now don't have any problem. I went from getting an ounce or less per side to 2+ ounces per side with each pumping session. I haven't experienced any adverse side effects.

I've never heard of this!!! Wow! I wonder if those results are normal...that is great!! We have a huge Indian Market a few miles away, I am definitely going to check it out. From what I read, it's also an aphrodisiac...Nothing like killing two birds with one stone, eh?

New Mommy to Michael 4-5-08
    and and new to the world of