Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Im Happy but Sad.....

Default Im Happy but Sad.....

Does that make any since? Lexi is over her milk intollarance now!!! I am so excited. She is so excited!! We started trying her on cheese (since that is what she liked before we found out her little tummy couldnt handle dairy)every few weeks to see if she would have a reactation since that reaction was the mildest. well after several times of no reaction we tryed regular milk in small amounts 1-2oz no reactation!! Hubby and I have been so excited so has she since she can now have cheese she is so happy!

The sad thing is that i am now weaning myself of the pump( have been for about a week now). I have stopped taking the dom. I dropped 3 pills at a time. It gave me a headache but i suspected that would happen.

I am going to give her 4 oz of regular milk and make sure she can handle it before i completly let go of the pumping. I do have umm formula i can give her also. Its what i was giving her before i relactated. i have like 7 cans of powder.

I got her over the intollarance hump thats what i was aiming to do and i did it but some how i feel guilty after reading what i just wrote.
    Are these "normal" feelings?
    Has this happened to anyone else or am i just crazy?
    I mean i did what i aimed to do shes over it and i want my body back is that selfish? sometimes i think it is and sometimes i think its not. Is it hormones thats making me feel like this? or just mommys not wanting to let go? I mean a few days ago she was my baby girl and then today shes my big girl and shes only 21mo!
    I guess cause maybe i am longing for another baby or maybe i am seeing her as she is insted of seeing her as a baby i see her as a toddler. I just want to I feel like she grew up to fast! where does the time go? She is almost 2. 2! Man these hormones are kicking my @$$. WOOOOOO AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sorry. Im ok now. I can still hang around when im done pumping right? I sure hope so cause i sure would miss you all!
    Sorry for all the ramblings
    xoxo
    Kristina Jeremiah since 2-18-1998
    Mother to
    2-02
    Gavin 1-03 Nursed 2.5mo
    Keean 5-04 BCLP
    Alexis 12-06 Nursed 12mo THEN
    Relactated after 5mo(due to her dairy intol.) and ended up making 30oz a day
    Now we are Weaned! AGAIN!
    Kason 6-2-10
    Birth..8 lbs 5.9 oz
    4 wks.... 10 lbs 12 oz
    9 wks.... 13 lbs 14 oz
    15wks... 16 lbs 4 oz
    17wks... 17 lbs 2 oz
    6 mo..... 19 lbs 6 oz
    7 mo .....20 lbs 3 oz

Default Re: Im Happy but Sad.....

Hugs to you! Try not to be too sad mama!!! You should be so proud of yourself... I bet not many mamas can say they were as successful as you have been in your relactating efforts. Just keep reminding yourself what a wonderful gift you gave your DD, and be happy that she's outgrown her dairy intolerance! Chin up, mama, you did a very selfless thing and accomplished your goals. And of course you can still hang around here even though you won't be lactating any more. I bet there are lots of mamas who still post here who are finished nursing! Your experience and insight will be value-added for any mamas who have questions on relactating

Buff
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mom2gavin-keean-alexis View Post

The sad thing is that i am now weaning myself of the pump( have been for about a week now). I have stopped taking the dom. I dropped 3 pills at a time. It gave me a headache but i suspected that would happen.

I am going to give her 4 oz of regular milk and make sure she can handle it before i completly let go of the pumping. I do have umm formula i can give her also. Its what i was giving her before i relactated. i have like 7 cans of powder.

I got her over the intollarance hump thats what i was aiming to do and i did it but some how i feel guilty after reading what i just wrote.
    Are these "normal" feelings?
    Has this happened to anyone else or am i just crazy?
    I mean i did what i aimed to do shes over it and i want my body back is that selfish? sometimes i think it is and sometimes i think its not. Is it hormones thats making me feel like this? or just mommys not wanting to let go? I mean a few days ago she was my baby girl and then today shes my big girl and shes only 21mo!
    I guess cause maybe i am longing for another baby or maybe i am seeing her as she is insted of seeing her as a baby i see her as a toddler. I just want to I feel like she grew up to fast! where does the time go? She is almost 2. 2! Man these hormones are kicking my @$$. WOOOOOO AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sorry. Im ok now. I can still hang around when im done pumping right? I sure hope so cause i sure would miss you all!
    Sorry for all the ramblings
    xoxo
    to you, Kristina. Your mixed feelings make sense to me. Weaning often brings ambivalence, and this is really a second weaning for you and your daughter.

Congratulations on setting a goal and working so hard to achieve it. Well done!

And, yes! Of course you are still welcome around here. Newer mothers benefit from hearing about the experiences of experienced mothers.
    Marianne
    LLL Leader

Please check in here periodically! We need you here and the encouragement! I think of you often and think that if she can do it, so can I!

I totally understand your feelings and wanting your body back. Hopefully you will get a new little one and will be lactating the old fashioned way. That way you don't have to deal with the pump.

We wish you and your baby well!

P.S. Do you think you could done as well if you hadn't taken the dom? I would like to get my supply up more with herbs & pumping and avoid the dom if possible.
    Mama to 2 wonderful girls (nursed 3 yrs.) and twin boys born 12/30/05 (stuck on the SNS due to pallate issues discovered very late) Thankful though that at least at the breast.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*twinsarefun View Post
    P.S. Do you think you could done as well if you hadn't taken the dom? I would like to get my supply up more with herbs & pumping and avoid the dom if possible.
    In the end i had already started to decrease so i was at 40-30-40 had a dip but came back up to my normal pumping of 28-30oz a day.
    When we found out could handle milk i basically stopped taking the dom in a matter of 2-3 days. I got a few really bad headaches but i get really bad headaches and was started on on a new med to try to prevent them so i dont know if the headaches were from the stopping of the dom or what.

I truely believe the dom helped get me to where i wanted to be faster! but this is me relactating after 5 mo. so i basicly started with nothing. one or two drops i could express and that was it.

Since i stopped the dom it has halved my supply. Im sure if i pumped more added more sessions and things like that i could get back to where i was but i am weaning so i dont want to do that.

I always feel good about weaning in the morning its in the evening that thoes hormones kick in and give me a big kick in the you know what!
    Maybe today will be a better day!

Lexi did have more milk yeaterday i gave her 4 oz and she did fine. She also had pudding for the first time since the ban was lifted. I figured that she would go to town on it but she had a few bites and she was done

Last night her bedtime bottle consisted of 2oz each formula/2%milk/mommys milk She had no complaints so.

P.S. I think "Aunt Flo" is trying to make some reservations. I dont know when she plans on visiting but i think it will be soon. I am a bit crampy this morning in the southern region.

I think that may be why i am having more headaches from the dueling hormones and the stress of the whole am i doing what is wright and i am doing what is right constant battle in my head. u think?
    Kristina Jeremiah since 2-18-1998
    Mother to
    2-02
    Gavin 1-03 Nursed 2.5mo
    Keean 5-04 BCLP
    Alexis 12-06 Nursed 12mo THEN
    Relactated after 5mo(due to her dairy intol.) and ended up making 30oz a day
    Now we are Weaned! AGAIN!
    Kason 6-2-10
    Birth..8 lbs 5.9 oz
    4 wks.... 10 lbs 12 oz
    9 wks.... 13 lbs 14 oz
    15wks... 16 lbs 4 oz
    17wks... 17 lbs 2 oz
    6 mo..... 19 lbs 6 oz
    7 mo .....20 lbs 3 oz

I just wanted to say Thank You!!!! I have followed your posts and they have been so helpful and inspirational!!! I hope I can have half of the success that you did!

New Mommy to Michael 4-5-08
    and and new to the world of

I have read several of your posts looking for help and encouragement. You are an inspiration. You are also selfless for putting in all of the effort to relactate just to help your daughter. Congratulations on your success! When your hormones kick your butt, give yourself extras and tell yourself "you rock!" because you do!