Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: runny/watery green poop for 4 weeks now

Default Re: runny/watery green poop for 4 weeks now

Hi Ministar,,

what a great idea, Id love to!

Well, dd still has green watery poops although she did one yesterday which was yellow and more normal looking. But, today they are back to green and explosive. I do recall giving her more feeds from the same breast the night before last so will try again tonight to see if the yellow poop returns.

I took a sample to the gp yesterday too so I will wait to hear the results.

where are you located? Im in the midlands, UK.

When mine was 4 mos old she had green watery poops for about a month. They started the day after her immunizations and we never found out what caused them. She never ran a fever or seemed bothered by them. Didn't even get a sore bottom. It was a pain to change her so often and I was worried at the time, but looking back now it seems nothing to worry about. She was nursing good, gaining weight, and happy/healthy looking. I never changed anything in my diet, never changed anything in her diet or routine.

I suspected and still suspect it was a minor reaction to the shots at her 4 month check up, however, it seemed weird that it would carry on so long. No real answers, just wanted to reassure you that it's not totally unusual. I read all the "poop articles" I could find and nothing seemed to fit. Her poops gradually returned to yellow/seedy over a few days and it was like it never even happened.

Hi, bathb,

I'm all the way over in Copenhagen, Denmark. :-)

We also had a normal looking yellowish diaper this morning... the first in 14 days. However, the 2nd time she went today, it was back to pesto

She is filling the diapers a lot less frequent now, tho. 2-3 times a day. And it´s coming out with less velocity.

Thanks kim, its goo to know others have had the same experience. I think as Im on my own now it worries me more as I dont have anyone to reassure me.

Hi Mini

well, today was another normal day of yellow seedy poops but some still explosive and watery! I just dont get it. Still waiting to hear from GP with results so I will let you know. She had a day of mucousy poops too which was worrying. I have a feeling it could be a combination of immunisations, teething and possibly a virus! My best guess.......

Good luck with your lo and take care xx