Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Thrush?

Default Thrush?

I think I may have thrush. I have started taking acidophilus. It takes SOOO long to get into my doctor's, I was wondering if anyone knows of anything else I can to to treat at home. I don't have a dr's appt for 3 weeks, and won't be able to get in sooner than that, but the pain is brutal, so I don't want to just do nothing until then. Thanks.

Default Re: Thrush?

As weird as this may sound, when I had thrush with my son at 2 weeks old a public health nurse told me to use some yeast infection cream like Canestin on my nipples. That might be something you could try. She told me to apply right after nursing, and just clean it off before feeding. It definately help.

Default Re: Thrush?

I'm so sorry that you are in pain! My 2nd nursling and I dealt with thrush off/on for the better part of a year so I can really commiserate with you.

The good news is that there are TONS of over the counter remedies for thrush. It's great that you are taking acidophilus. It will help as long as you are taking enough of it and treating baby at the same time. But here's something from LLL on thrush: http://www.lalecheleague.org/FAQ/thrush.html Let us know if this helps or if you need more information.

You'll get through this! Hang in there!