Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: right side not emptying with pump

Unhappy right side not emptying with pump

I am new here, but not to nursing, this is my 3rd baby and i have never experienced this before! When i pump, with a double electric or a single electric, it is not emptying my right side totally, it feels like i have a clogged duct as there will be a hard spot in my breast and its so tender and sore BUT when he nurses, it feels 100% different, he emptys completely and there is no pain. its very frustrating being in pain and i work and go to school so hes in daycare from 8-5 everyday, and i do pump often, every 3 hours, sometimes closer together if im not that busy. i tried massaging and warm compress, etc. it starts right from the start of the day too b/c he nurses anywhere between 5 and 7 am but then i still have to pump b/c he only nurses one side at a time usually. then its even worse when he eats right before i pick them up b/c when i get home i have to pump again and he wont nurse til like 7 pm and its all day in pain over the weekend i dont pump so i was feeling a lot better but i tell ya what i have a new hatred for mondays! and its just giving me this all over not feeling well, my whole body is starting to ache and i feel exhausted

sorry this is so long but i have no idea what could be causing this or how to fix it and i need help please!

Default Re: right side not emptying with pump

I have had to EP for a while now and was having problems with my ducts as well. And it is SO frustrating because before I would just pop baby on and he would fix it!

My LC suggested Lecithin. It helps to make your milk more "slippery" so it won't get clogged. I have never tried it though because I haven't had the problem since.

HTH!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

ill have to look that up ... good thing is that when i get home at night i can pop him on and he does fix it! but during the day its killing me

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lolabear View Post
    ill have to look that up ... good thing is that when i get home at night i can pop him on and he does fix it! but during the day its killing me
    It is available at any health food store too so it is easy to find.
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?