Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: funny positions while nursing

Default funny positions while nursing

Not sure if anyone else has posted this...but i was interested to see if anyone else has a baby who does funny stuff while nursing...

My son is almost 1 yrs old (i thought it would be better in this forum than the infant forum) - and when i put him down for a nap and nursing him lying down, he monkeys around and it always makes me laugh. Sometimes, i have to really keep myself from laughing while i'm putting him to sleep b/c i think i'll wake him up.

He'll nurse and then start moving around and sort of get on all fours like a puppy and it's so hilarious. He'll also nurse and then get on all fours and crawl on top of me and nurse that way. It doesn't bother me - it's just funny...and i've never seen anyone do that before (or never read about it any books etc.)

Anyone else have a little monkey?

WAHM and exclusively breastfeeding my naturally born son since 9/25/07.

Default Re: funny positions while nursing

Yes! My monkey will be one on the 25th of this month. During nursing for naps and bed he climbs on top of me to nurse. He ends up doing a full 360, while still latched on, ending with his tiny hiney in my face. Often he falls asleep this way. He never ceases to amaze me with the new positions he finds to nurse.

I'm totally in the wrong forum, but ds2 (who is not quite 6 months) holds on tight with his hands and wraps his legs around my upper arm. I'm sure I could walk around and he wouldn't fall off
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

dd likes to get on all fours and rock..I joke and say she's making a milk shake.

Kimberly Mommy to Landin and Avery

------------------------------------------

My lo does all of the above! I am amazed how much she can move while still latched on!!! =) My husband just looks at her and laughs
    : breastfeeding mamma to our second daughter Gwendolyn Rose born 3/26/10 and to my 31 month old sweetie Alayna.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*milk.milk.lemonade View Post
    Yes! My monkey will be one on the 25th of this month. During nursing for naps and bed he climbs on top of me to nurse. He ends up doing a full 360, while still latched on, ending with his tiny hiney in my face. Often he falls asleep this way. He never ceases to amaze me with the new positions he finds to nurse.
    my son will be 1 on the 25th as well!

WAHM and exclusively breastfeeding my naturally born son since 9/25/07.

same monkey here as well. He also likes to stand in front of the couch and have me lean over so he can nurse standing up.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language