Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: mucousy poops

Default mucousy poops

KA has been having mucousy poops every time she poops. is this normal for some lo's? she doesn't seem distressed at all which is why i haven't been concerned until now.
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

Default Re: mucousy poops

is she teething? my lo has mucusy poops and my doc attributes it to the fact that he is drooling and swallowing much more saliva now that he's teething.

sometimes it can indicate a food (particularly dairy) sensitivity as well - but I don't know much about that.
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

i forgot about the teething thing!! she's been chomping away. i guess that's it.
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

When my babies have a little congestion...sometimes they have mucousy poop too. I wouldn't worry too much if she is acting normal and seems happy. It probably is just the teething.
    Becca SAHM to
    Veronica 10/31/05

and Preston 10/28/07

<--- me!
    (I love this smiley!)

I finally got on Facebook! If anyone wants to be my
    friend.