Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Thrush

Default Thrush

Ok not sure what I am going to do now. Isabella has been fighting trush from the 2nd week of life. She is now 7 weeks only and it is back again. I took her off her meds last time when it had had cleared up because it was causing her CRAZY gas where she would scream all day because she could not get teh gas out. Once I took her off she became a much happier baby. I could cry right now!!! I have a toddler who I am sure will end up with it as he keeps taking ther soother. This is how she got it in the first place ... he had an ear infection and the anitbiotics gave him thrush and then he gave it to her. Anyone know of anything that will get it out of my house!!! It has been almost 2 months of fighting it!!!

Default Re: Thrush

hi there,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having to deal with this. I haven't fought this battle myself, so I don't have any BTDT advice for you, but I have done a ton of research as a student and I know that if you go to Dr Jack Newman's website, there is some great info on dealing with thrush under "Candida Protocol". I know he recommends a combination of things for treatment including genitian violet and grapefruit seed extract. I'm new here, so I don't know how to do the links yet or I would have just listed it here, but if you google Dr Jack Newman, you'll find it no problem.

HTH,
    Jess

Mama to my little Roxie Roo, 06/11/08

April miles for TBTTW: 63

Default Re: Thrush

You might talk to your dr about treating the whole family at once (including dad and siblings). When it keeps coming back, it's often getting passed around the family.
    DS 1/2006 9 lb. 2 oz. 22 in.
    DD 10/2008 8 lb, 2 oz. 20 in.