Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The face of my nipple is detaching... its 1/4 of the way off PLEASE HELP!

Default Re: The face of my nipple is detaching... its 1/4 of the way off PLEASE HELP!

owwwww...
    thats not right....
    Is she getting good help?

Default Re: The face of my nipple is detaching... its 1/4 of the way off PLEASE HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*andreafromohio View Post
    sounds like thrush? You have to think about thrush when you have pealing and bleeding....
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...resources.html
    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*only.woman.in.the.house View Post
    I'd get her into a LC or IBCLC right away.
    Margo
    12 mos (ap)
    married to my sweet hunny 10/01/04
    mama to my love bunny 10/17/07
    Because of her allergies, organic vegan, no soy, grains, corn, apples, pears, yeasts,flax, celery, tomatoes, garlic, onion, spices, citrus, caffeine, chocolate, sugar, honey ...

I have trauma induced psorisis brought on by my sons's skin twiddling before I got him a nursing necklace and I have actually had some severe nipple flaking, splits and cuts right on my nipples very recently due to a lazy toddler latch with a mouth full of teeth. What I have found is the skin on your nipples works to IMMEDIATELY start to heal. I had a gash right where the nipple and areola meet(seemed like my nipple was actually tearing off AND bleeding) and generally the cuts even when they don't bleed seem strangely deep and raw. However , even the last one which WAS oozing and bleeding, I simply kept him off it for 24hours and it healed to the point that we could nurse again. I used neosporin on it since it was an actual open wound that I didn't want to get infected, but I left it uncovered as much as possible (all hours I was home) and just pinched and squeezed my breast every few hours to stimulate and got milk.
    If she has open wounds, she can use antibiotic ointment, and have her keep her breast out and exposed as much as possible.
    Also don't worry about blood in the milk. It won't harm the baby and it's doesn't taint the milk. She can use milk even if it has some blood in it!

Way too lazy for formula

Way too lazy for formula