Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: miserable baby, teething! help!

Default miserable baby, teething! help!

Ok, i am 99% sure that Ds is teething, i can prity much see the tooth tho it has not cut through the skin. my ?? he had a fever last evening, it was 102.7 at the highest, i gave him tylenol b4 bed. he has had a fever all day today, it has not gone up or down much has beenb arround 100.7 all day. my ?? although im quite sure its just him teething, how long should he be having a fever for?? i dont want to overlook it being something else but how do i know??hebgenerally is a happy boy, but has been absolutely miserable today, crying, hands jammed in mouth ect. i generally dont give my kids tylenol till there temp is 102.0. but i migh just give him some to help him feel better. how do i know?? help!
    DH 09/18/04

SAHM to.....
    01/03/07
    01/08/08
    05/11/10

Some days i want to
    But most days I love my job!!

Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you" declairs the Lord "Plans to Prosper you and not to harm you Plans for hope and a future

Default Re: miserable baby, teething! help!

If he's miserable, nothing wrong with giving the tylenol. I personally have never witnessed fevers w/ teething. My thought would be a virus, so be patient. Of course if you are concerned call your Dr. Hope he feels better soon.

Jenn
    Mom to - DD1 10/5/05, DS 6/27/07 & DD2 6/18/09

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jjgj.28 View Post
    If he's miserable, nothing wrong with giving the tylenol. I personally have never witnessed fevers w/ teething. My thought would be a virus, so be patient. Of course if you are concerned call your Dr. Hope he feels better soon.
    I agree on all points.

Here's a Dr Sears link that you might find helpful.
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

My daughter not only had a fever with every tooth but she had a runny nose. She was cranky for a few days and I would give her Tylenol, then it would dawn on me to check her mouth - every single time it was a tooth! It became a predictable pattern. I definitely agree with the Tylenol to help relieve the fever. I also nursed her more often to soothe her and I had toothing rings handy. You can even brew some chamomile tea and dip the end of a washcloth in it after it cools so he can gum it/suck on it (obviously with supervision). The chamomile is very good at soothing your baby and the gumming action will help.

Your poor little guy! Our babies need so much lovin with teeth coming in don't they! I can't even imagine how bad it feels to cut a tooth! I'd look in my daughters mouth and see it sore and red and my heart would ache for her!

Hope that helps!
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Ask me about BELLY BUTTON RINGS to use during your pregnancy to protect your PIERCING!

~~~~~~~~~~

Married to an amazing man and friend, Anthony - 4/10/04

Mother to Adria - a home-birthed , breastfed, hazel-eyed smoocher! 12/21/05