Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Mastisis?

Default Mastisis?

Okay I woke up fine today, then around 12:30pm i started feeling all achy and tired. fever was next. I kinda recall yesterday feeling a little soreness on my left breast. Now i still feel it its just not that bad, the fever and chills is more uncomfortable than the soreness. DOes this make sense or do i just have a cold

sucessfully breastfeeding my little princess for 10 months we are absolutely in love I know Im giving her the best and I know she'll grow healthy and strong!!
    Happily Nursing my Toddler

New to and loving that too!!!

My little Sarai loves her cloth
    And I love to them.....yes yet another cloth convert

Default Re: Mastisis?

Do you have any red streaks, hard spots, or hot to the touch spots on your breast? Nurse nurse nurse on that sore side, and if it gets worse, or your fever spikes time to go right away to the dr!
    rest as much as possible - keep hydrated!
    Jessica
    LLL Leader

Breastfeeding is an instinctual and natural act, but it is also an art that is learned day by day.

Visit LLL of Ashburn PM's Blog!

Have you seen this? http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/mastitis.html With your breast being sore, you might be best off to treat it like mastitis (with lots of rest and calling your dr if you aren't feeling better in 24 hours) just in case.
    DS 1/2006 9 lb. 2 oz. 22 in.
    DD 10/2008 8 lb, 2 oz. 20 in.

thanks so much for the helpful link. I dont feel like i have or should go now, although i do feel horrible cause i never get sick. I will call my doctor tomorrow if my fever peaks or something. I dont have any red streaks or anything but i do have a sore spot behind my areola on the top. I missed a feeding today or actually she refused to nurse and preffered to eat food for lunch So im guessing this is the reason cause after the period in between i nursed her and she was obviously upset because i was engorged and she didnt like the fast flow..... so i dont think she completely drained my breast, then right after i felt so sick almost instantly. It had already felt sore yesterday just not as much as today

sucessfully breastfeeding my little princess for 10 months we are absolutely in love I know Im giving her the best and I know she'll grow healthy and strong!!
    Happily Nursing my Toddler

New to and loving that too!!!

My little Sarai loves her cloth
    And I love to them.....yes yet another cloth convert