Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Travel with co-workers - when to pump?

Default Travel with co-workers - when to pump?

I have a meeting that is 2 hours away and 1.5 hours long. So I will be away from the office for 5.5 hours. When should I pump? This is my boss I am traveling with by car. When I get to my destination I may not have the time to pump. Should I ask her if it is ok to do this in the car while driving or once we get there?
    Proud mother to a 24 wk preemie girl, born 9/6/04 and to a full term baby boy, born 4/9/08.

Default Re: Travel with co-workers - when to pump?

If you think you will be able to comfortably pump with her in the car with you, then why not ask?

If you think she would be okay with it I would say ask if you can pump in the car. Just bring a blanket if you want.
    Steff, proud mom to:
    Ian (6) born naturally
    breastfed from 7/3/06 to 6/16/08
    &
    Erin (4) born naturally (with Hypnobirthing)
    breastfed from 5/18/08 to around 5/18/10
    &
    Seamus (3), my allergy baby, born naturally (with slacker Hypnobirthing) breastfed from 12/28/09 to 8/20/11
    &
    Connor (1) breastfed from 12/28/11 to current

Ian's age ticker Erin's age ticker Seamus' age ticker
    Connor's age ticker

If pumping in the car doesn't work out could you pump immediately before leaving and upon your return? I'm not sure how often you pump, but when I was pumping 3x's a day, I pumped every 3 hrs, but could go much longer w/out feeling full.
    I'm Wendi.
    Mom to:
    DD1 7/28/07 for 21 mos and weaned with
    &
    DD2 12/16/09

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommybean View Post
    I have a meeting that is 2 hours away and 1.5 hours long. So I will be away from the office for 5.5 hours. When should I pump? This is my boss I am traveling with by car. When I get to my destination I may not have the time to pump. Should I ask her if it is ok to do this in the car while driving or once we get there?
    I would ask if you can leave a little early to make sure that you have time to pump once you get there before your meeting starts. I personally would not be comfortable pumping in the car with my boss.
    Mom to Lainey (11-8-06)

i say it really depends on the relationship you have with your boss. i've pumped many times in the car with friends or family. i usually sit in the back seat and use my hooter hider.

if you aren't that comfortable with her, ask to leave 15 min early and pump in the car upon arrival, but after she goes into the meeting.

gl
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language